Harffin or Wenclair??

This is based off of the friendship of Enid Sinclair and Wednesday Addams in the Netflix series "Wednesday". Griffin acts like Wednesday and Harper acts like Enid! Hope you enjoy! 

The day Griffin Campbell came to Sulphur Springs was....town altering to say the least. He had been off at boarding school for the past 6 months and he was finally moving into the Tremont with his family. 

The hotel had been reopened and Harper Dunn was so excited to have a boy her age living right across the hall. She had it all planned out. They would be best friends, they'd talk nonstop, do everything together, the works. But when they finally met, Harper got quite the surprise. They were quite frankly, complete opposites. 

Griffin was dark, shy, and sarcastic, while Harper could be described using two words. Unicorns and cupcakes. 

She bounded into his room and tried to give him a hug. 

"You must be Griffin!" She exclaimed. He pulled away nervously and she chuckled awkwardly. "Not a hugger, huh?" 

***********

A few months later, they were starting to become friends. Maybe not friends like Harper had longed for before, but friends nontheless. It all started when they found a portal in the basement and they were now traveling through time whenever they felt like it. But they were also dealing with ghosts. 

"Stay here and make sure Judge Walker doesn't sabotage the portal." Griffin warned. Harper nodded as he ran off towards the springs, looking for a crystal. 

The ghost was defeated later that day. 

"I just asked myself 'WWGD"= what would Griffin do?" Harper said proudly. For the first time ever, Griffin chuckled. 

***********

One of Harper's favorite past times was art. While Griffin quietly played guitar in his room one night, Harper sat on his bed across the room and decorated a pair of shoes. She held up the shoes once she was finished. 

"Too much?" She asked. The shoes were brightly colored and made Griffin want to stab his eyes out. He shook it off and looked back down at the guitar. 

"I feel like you just napalmed me, Harper." Griffin muttered. 

"I'm so excited for my date with Mitch! I mean this afternoon was horrible, I didn't even get to do the dance routine." Harper complained. 

"What a tragedy." Griffin said sarcastically. She rolled her eyes. 

"Wish me luck?" She asked as a knock was heard at the door. 

"He breaks your heart, I'll nail gun his." Griffin said bluntly. She shrugged and walked out the door. 

**************

"Griffin Campbell is going to Homecoming!" Harper exclaimed excitedly. 

"Uh-huh." Griffin muttered, disappointed in himself that Harper had convinced him to go. But Mitch broke her heart, and as much as he hated to admit it, Griffin would do anything to make Harper happy. So he agreed to go to hoco with her. 

"Do you know what you need now?" Harper asked excitedly. 

"A bullet to the head?" Griffin asked bluntly. 

"I was gonna say a suit." Harper said awkwardly. 

************

The ghost had came back and was getting angry. He shoved Griffin one day causing him to bump Harper's brother Topher off the banister causing him to end up comatose. Harper knew it wasn't his fault and for the first time ever, Harper saw a different side of Griffin. Guilt and fear. 

They watched the news and he sighed. 

"On the mend? Try in a coma." Griffin muttered. 

"Have you been to see him?" Harper asked. "He's your friend too." 

"Friend? I'm the reason he's in the hospital." Griffin sighed. 

"That is not your fault, okay?" Harper comforted. He nodded lightly. Later that day, they went to go visit Topher together. 

***********

After a stupid argument, Harper smiled. 

"What?" Griffin asked. 

"We work." Harper stated happily. 

"Huh?" He asked. 

"We work. We shouldn't, but we do. Its like some sort of weird friendship anomaly. Everything you said about me is true, but I don't apologize for it. Not anymore. Its just who I am." She said. 

"Me too." Griffin said darkly. 

"I know." Harper smiled. She tried to hug him once more and yet again he pulled away. "Still not a hugger, got it." 

**********

The ghost was officially defeated and peace was once more restored in the Tremont. As they hung out in the old tree house, Harper spoke up. 

"Griffin, this isn't the friendship I thought I was going to have when you first moved in, but its still everything I wanted. We're perfect for each other and I want you to know that you're my best friend. I know sentimentality is a foreign language to you, but I hope you feel the same. We're like two peas in a pod. Wednesday and Enid. Peanut butter and jelly. Seahorses. And I wouldn't change it for the world." Harper poured out. 

Griffin smiled. 

"You're my best friend too. I thought solitude was what I was coming home to, and at first I was angry that it wasn't. But now, I never thought I'd say this, I'm so glad to have a best friend that actually understands me." Griffin said happily. With his sentimental words, Harper actually teared up a little. She looked at him with a pout. "You want a hug, don't you?" Griffin asked quietly. She nodded quickly. 

He chuckled and gave her a hug. 

And there they were for life. They say opposites attract, well Griffin and Campbell and Harper Dunn were as different as they come, and they turned out just fine. 

Felt really productive today! Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Thank you all for your patience! Any suggestions? Let me know! Love you all and stay golden! 

Love,

Mads! <3 :)