Romeo and Juliet

"I don't like you sometimes, you know that?" Griffin said nervously. 

"Oh, you know you love me! It's just auditions for the school play. You'll be fine." Harper reasoned. 

"Harper. I had a panic attack last week because I had to give a presentation in history class. Public speaking isn't really my thing." Griffin said. 

"Come on Campbell, live a little! Also, did you die giving that presentation?" Harper asked. 

"No..." He mumbled. 

"Exactly! That's the spirit!" Harper exclaimed, dragging him to the auditorium.

************

They sat in the crowded auditorium and watched as the drama teacher stepped on stage. She tapped a microphone before speaking into it. 

"Hello theater children! This year we will be putting on Romeo and Juliet, so we've asked you to come in pairs." She announced. Griffin glared at Harper. 

"You didn't tell me it was Shakespeare. Hell, I can barely speak normal English most of the time!" He hissed. 

"Shut up." She pushed his arm playfully. 

******
It was finally their turn. They waited backstage for the teacher to call them to the center. 

"I don't think I can do this Harper! There are too many people." Griffin said nervously. 

"Griff, just focus on me. You're gonna be fine." Harper assured. 

"What if I forget my lines?" Griffin asked. 

"That's not an excuse considering you're holding the script in your hands. It's just the audition Griff. You've got this. Please?" Harper begged. 

"Fine." He took a deep breath. 

"Harper Dunn and Griffin Campbell." The teacher called out. They exchanged a glance before walking out onto the stage.....

*****4 months later*****

The cast was now exiting the stage on closing night. Harper hugged Griffin. 

"And you were so scared before!" Harper mocked. 

"Oh shut it!" Griffin laughed. 

"Well good job anyways Romeo." 

"You too Juliet!" 

"You know, I rather enjoyed getting to kiss you." Harper mumbled. 

"What was that?" Griffin asked. 

"Nothing." 

"No, really." Griffin pleaded. 

"Would you believe me if I told you I asked you to audition with me so I'd get to kiss you?" Harper asked with a smirk. Griffin got flustered. 

"No....." Griffin said. Harper kissed him again. 

"How about now?" She asked. 

"Okay, maybe a little." He said with a smile before leaning in again. 

Sorry it's short!