Meeting the....Kids?

"Okay, Harp, you ready?" Griffin asked, setting his phone down on his night stand before turning to his pretty best friend. 

"Yep! You?" She asked. He nodded. They snuck out of the teen boys room and wandered through the dark hallways of the Tremont as they crept down to the basement. They giggled over some joke Griffin told as their footsteps echoed in the mostly silent path towards the bunker. 

They opened the door and it creaked spookily. They turned the light on to reveal two young kids. They screamed, causing the two kids to scream as well. 

"Shh, shh, shh! We better hope our parents didn't hear that." Griffin warned before turning back to the kids. 

"Who the hell are you guys!?" Harper exclaimed, unaware that she was gripping Griffin's hand. She noticed and embarrassed, let go. 

"My name's Nick. Nick Campbell. I'm 10!" The little boy exclaimed. 

"And I'm Nia. Campbell. I'm 14." The girl said, slightly annoyed. "Nick, I don't know what kind of prank this is, but I'm not falling for it!" 

"This isn't a prank Nia! This is mom and dad in the past, I promise!" Nick exclaimed. 

"Woah, woah, woah, WHAT?" Griffin asked, confusedly. 

"You're Griffin and Harper Campbell, right?" Nick asked. 

"Well, currently, I'm Harper Dunn, but I guess that changes." Harper stuttered out. Griffin side eyes her and shot her a questioning look. She shrugged. 

"Anyways, why are you here then?" Griffin asked. 

"Well, I've been coming and watching you guys for a while now." Nick began. 

"That's not creepy at all." Harper mumbled. Nick shot her a glare. 

"Anyhoo, I wanted to prove to my sister that time travel is real and that you guys really are our parents. To prove her wrong, can you guys answer some questions?" Nick asked. Griffin and Harper exchanged a glance and shrugged. 

"Knock yourselves out." Griffin said. 

"We'll start with you, dad-Griffin-whatever! What does mom-Harper I mean-call you? Nickname, I mean." Nick asked. 

"Griff or Guitar God." He answered simply. Nick looked at Harper expectantly. 

"And what does he call you?" Nick asked. 

"Harp or Locker Ninja." She said. 

"Favorite color?" 

"Blue." Griffin answered the same time Harper said; "Purple." 

"Favorite food?" 

"Beignets!" The two teens gushed in unison. "Jinx! Jinx again!" 

They laughed. Even Nia smiled lightly. 

"I'm still not buying it. Can I ask a few questions?" The young teen girl asked. Griffin and Harper nodded. "How did you two meet?" 

Griffin and Harper exchanged a happy glance and Harper began. 

"Well, it was Griffin's first day at Sulpur Springs middle school about two years ago. I was walking down the hall and noticed him crouched before one of the lower level lockers. From experience, I know that the bottom lockers suck! They're so hard to open! So when I saw Griffin struggling to open it, I walked by and kicked past his head as the locker flung open. He jumped and looked up at me, and that's the first time we saw each other." Harper reminisced happily. 

Nick and Nia smiled at the two. 

"Then later that day, at lunch, I had no where to sit because I didn't really talk to anyone and the people I had talked to were scared of me because I lived in the Tremont. I saw the only girl who had bothered to talk to me that day and wandered over to Harper's table. We got to talking and here we are. We found the portal, time traveled, we've had all kinds of crazy adventures, and now we're inseparable." Griffin finished with a blush growing on his features. 

"That's actually so cute! So, how did you get together?" Nia asked, starting to understand. 

Griffin and Harper looked at each other, startled. 

"T-together?" Griffin asked nervously. 

"We're not together, we're best friends!" Harper exclaimed scaredly. 

"Oh!" Nia exclaimed, quickly covering her mouth with her hand. 

"Mom and dad said they got together in the bunker after a 'crazy situation'. Maybe that crazy situation was us coming to visit! You guys, you like each other, right?" Nick asked the two teens excitedly. 

They stuttered. 

"Yes, they do, Nicky." Nia filled in. 

"Then kiss!" Nick exclaimed. 

"WHAT!?" Griffin exclaimed. 

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN KISS?!" Harper matched his scared energy. 

"Its just a kiss. Just do it. Mom kissed dad, right?" Nia asked. Nick nodded. They looked at Harper expectantly. Griffin gulped. She nervously wandered over and looked up at him. She gently connected their lips quickly. She pulled away quickly, fearing that the kids would say something. 

Nick and Nia smiled and in a few minutes, they were headed back towards their own time period. 

"Sorry about that, Griff." Harper mumbled, looking down. He lifted her chin to face him. 

"Sorry about this." Griffin said. As soon as he said that, he immediately connected their lips for a passionate kiss. Harper wrapped her arms around his neck and he set his hands on her hips. They kissed for about a minute before pulling away. 

They smiled and Harper hugged him tightly, burying her face in the crook of his neck. She could feel the blush rise to his face. The littlest of things that she did could make Griffin fall to his knees and she loved it. 

************

"Where have you two been?" Adult Harper asked as she watched her two kids wander into the kitchen. 

"Just hanging out." Nia lied nonchalantly. 

"See, that's what me and your mother used to say, but we were certainly not." Adult Griffin laughed. 

"EWWW!" The two kids yelled. 

"That's not what I meant! You deal with them." Adult Griffin sighed, sitting down in a nearby chair. 

"Your father didn't mean it like that, we just rarely did what we said we were doing. But seriously kids, where were you?" Harper asked sternly, using her most serious "I am your mother, you listen to me." face. 

"Making sure you and dad got together!" Nick blurted out. "Oops." 

Griffin and Harper turned to their kids, confusion taking over their faces. 

"We're gonna love this explanation." Griffin said, crossing his arms. Harper nodded in agreement. 

Here you go guys! I will not be making a part 2 to this, I just left it on a cute little cliffhanger because I thought it was funny! Thanks for reading! I know my books have been updating really slowly, so I thank you all for your patience! If you have any suggestions, let me know and I'll add them to the list! Love you all and stay golden! 

Love, 

Mads! <3 : )