Smart People History Class

request: Harper explains the middle ages to Griffin. 

Griffin Campbell was a great student. He got straight A's, always finished his homework and assignments on time, and was overall top of his class. So why couldn't he just understand one stupid little project!? 

He had been staring at the same empty PowerPoint presentation and article online for about 45 minutes now. And that's not even an exaggeration. So he did the only thing he could think of. He called his lovely girlfriend, Harper Dunn. 

20 minutes later, she knocked on his bedroom door. She came in and kissed Griffin's cheek. 

"What's wrong, love?" She asked. 

"Did you understand the stupid project Mr. Adams gave us?" Griffin asked. 

"I'm not in the smart people history class remember? Dumb dumb alert." Harper joked. 

"I forgot you weren't in the honors class. But you're not dumb, Harp, although I'm feeling quite dumb right now because I can't understand this stupid project." Griffin complained. 

"What's it about?" Harper asked. 

"The flippin' middle ages." Griffin sighed. 

"Really!? That's so cool!" Harper exclaimed. 

"The word I was gonna use was a pain in my ass, but I guess cool works too." Griffin said sarcastically. Harper playfully pushed his shoulder. 

"The middle ages are awesome! The Middle Ages, or Medieval Times, in Europe was a long period of history from 500 AD to 1500 AD. That's 1000 years! It covers the time from the fall of the Roman Empire to the rise of the Ottoman Empire. This was a time of castles and peasants, guilds and monasteries, cathedrals and crusades." Harper continued to give him little facts and helped him create his PowerPoint and after about 2 hours later, it was done and looked great! 

"Thanks so much, Harper. I don't know where I'd be without you." Griffin thanked sincerely. 

"Failing history class apparently." Harper joked. Griffin laughed and turned a bright shade a red, looking down. 

"Maybe you should be in the honors class." Griffin joked. Harper sighed dramatically. 

"I guess I'm just stuck in the dumb dumb class." She fake pouted. Griffin rolled his eyes playfully. 

"Stop calling yourself dumb." He warned. 

"Or what?" Harper countered playfully. 

"Shut up!" Griffin chuckled. 

Harper continued to blab on until Griffin smashed his lips onto hers. They pulled back and Griffin blushed. 

"What was that for?" Harper chuckled. 

"To shut you up." Griffin joked. 

"Well, feel free to shut me up anytime you'd like." Harper flirted. He laughed and 'shut her up' yet again. 

I know its kinda short but its my first one since I got back from my little break! I missed you guys so much! If you have any suggestions please let me know! <3