Back off, he's taken!

Griffin and Harper were sitting at their lunch table laughing about what their classmate said in math class. 

"I know right? It was hilarious!" Harper agreed. 

Just then, Harper spotted a pretty Asian girl looking around for a place to sit. 

"She must be new." Harper realized. Griffin turned around. 

"Yeah, I've never seen her before. Maybe." He responded. 

Harper stood up. 

"Do you wanna sit with us?" She asked the girl. 

"Sure." She said. 

"Ouch. She gets a nice 'do you wanna sit here' but when I first moved here I got a 'wanna sit down? it's not hard there's room.' That's rough." Griffin said to Harper with a laugh. 

"You recently moved here too?" The girl asked. 

"Yeah, I moved here from Chicago a little less than a year ago. Where'd you move from?" Griffin asked. 

"Europe. My family moves a lot." She answered. 

"Wow!" Harper exclaimed. 

"Chicago seems boring now." Griffin laughed. 

The table laughed. 

"So, what your name?" Harper asked. 

"Euvy. What about you guys?" Euvy asked. 

"I'm Harper and this is Griffin." Harper replied. 

"Nice to meet you guys." Euvy said. 

..........

The next couple of days, Euvy sat with the two at lunch and sometimes walked to classes with them. After a week had passed Euvy and Harper sat at the table waiting for Griffin as he talked to his friend from music class. 

"Harper, can I tell you something?" Euvy asked. 

"Anything." Harper asked. 

Euvy leaned in and whispered. 

"I think I like Griffin. I mean, he's really cute, he's funny, and he's smart and musically talented. What's not to like?" She asked with a big smile. She looked over at Griffin laughing. 

Uh-oh. This was gonna be brutal.

"Oh! I totally agree with all those things. But that's just the thing. Griffin's actually taken." Harper explained. 

"Really? Too bad. By who?" Euvy asked. 

"Me actually." Harper elaborated. 

"You're lying." Euvy said. 

"I'll prove it to you." Harper said. 

Griffin eventually walked over to the table. 

"Hey guys. Sorry, I was talking to Devyn." Griffin apologized. 

"It's fine." Harper said. 

"All good." Euvy said. 

Griffin sat next to Harper and Harper kissed him on the cheek. 

"What was that for?" Griffin asked with a smile. 

"Because I love you." Harper shot him a smile. 

"I love you too." He said wrapping his arm around her. 

Harper watched as Euvy's face fell. She felt bad but she knew there was no changing it. 

.........

Throughout the next couple of days, Harper noticed that Euvy dressed really nicely to come to school. She was always smiling and flirting with Griffin. Of course, Griffin didn't notice what she was doing. 

She felt bad that Euvy liked him and he was taken, but the other half of her wanted to scream in her face and say 'back off bitch!'. Harper was torn. 

..............

The next day at lunch, Euvy stole Harper's seat and sat next to Griffin. She flirted and shot Harper a few dirty looks across the table. Griffin didn't notice the looks exchange. 

A few minutes later. Harper watched as Euvy laughed at one of his jokes and moved her hand down to his leg and began rubbing his thigh. Harper glared at her as Griffin removed her hand. 

"Sorry. Um, I'm taken Euvy." He said with a forced smile. 

"I'm sure your girlfriend isn't as good as me." She whispered, but still Harper heard it. 

Let Griff deal with it. She thought to herself. 

"I'm quite happy with my girlfriend. I wouldn't trade her for the world. Hey, um Harp, do you wanna come over after school today?" He asked, changing the subject. 

Harper smile inside at what he said about her. 

"Sure thing Griff!" She said with a smile. 

"Can I come?" Euvy asked. 

"Um, I was kinda hoping it could just be me and Harper." Griffin said, shooting a glance at Harper. 

"Why? We're all friends here right? Why can't I come too?" Euvy asked. 

"Because Griffin and I just want to be alone to-" Harper began. She was cut off by Griffin. He knew how this played out the last time. 

"To talk and hang out." He saved. 

"And make out." Harper said with a smug smile. Euvy scoffed and walked away. 

Griffin looked over at Harper.

"Jealous are we?" Griffin asked. 

"I'm not jealous!" Harper exclaimed. 

He raised an eyebrow. 

"Okay, maybe a little." She murmured. 

He laid his hand on hers. 

"You have nothing to be jealous about. I love you and only you Harper." Griffin reassured. 

Harper smiled. 

"Thanks." She said. 

"Any time." Griffin said. 

Let's just say, Euvy kept trying, and Griffin kept denying. Because when he told Harper he only loved her? 

He meant every word.