Easter Party Special

Griffin and Harper were hanging out at the Tremont's Easter party with a few friends from school. They were sitting in the parlor and a few minutes into their games, Trent, a popular kid from their grade came in holding a bottle excitedly. Everyone cheered, except Griffin and Harper. 

After a few rounds of spinning the bottle and waiting for pairs to come out of the closet during seven minutes in heaven, it was Harper's turn to spin the bottle. She spun it and it landed on Griffin. Her best friend, partner in crime, and crush. Uh oh. 

She admired him as he laughed along with his friend Daiton and wasn't paying attention to the game whatsoever. A few moments later, Griffin's friend Andrew tapped him on the shoulder. He turned around and looked at the bottle pointed at him. He raised and eyebrow in confusion and gestured to Harper. 

Shit. Anyone but Harper. Griffin thought. There was no way she liked him, but Griffin had the biggest crush on her since the day they met. 

Daiton smiled as he watched the two nervously walk towards the closet. They locked themselves in the pitch black space and sat on the floor. 

"So...." Harper began. 

"Yeah...." Griffin muttered. He prayed that she couldn't see him blushing. Although, in the darkness, no one could really see anything. 

"Want me to lead?" Harper asked. 

"Yeah." Griffin whispered. She grabbed his hand moved it towards her waist. 

"Is this okay?" Harper asked. Griffin felt as though his heart were beating out of his chest. 

"Uh huh." He stuttered out. She set her hands on his shoulders and looked towards him, asking if it was okay. Their eyes were starting to adjust to the darkness, and they could now see the silhouettes of each others faces. 

"I can hear your heart beating, Griff." Harper teased. 

"Shut up...." Griffin chuckled nervously. She smiled. 

She hugged him and smiled. 

"We don't have to do anything, you know. If you wanna just sit here like this for the remainder of the time, that's okay." Harper said. To her surprise, Griffin gently placed his lips onto hers. Their lips moved together and after about a half a minute, they broke apart. Harper chuckled. 

"Seems like you're a real pro at this game." Harper joked lightly. Griffin blushed and smiled, looking down. 

"I've actually never played." He answered truthfully. Harper raised her eyebrows in surprise. 

"Really? That wasn't your first kiss though, right?" She asked, still shocked. 

"It was." Griffin said, looking down. 

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have taken your first kiss. Its meant to be special, and you're stuck here, kissing your crazy best friend." Harper apologized. 

"I kissed you, remember? And we both know, if anyone's the crazy best friend, its me." Griffin joked. 

"I know, but-" Harper tried. 

"Its fine, Harp." Griffin assured. 

"Well, anyways, do you have a crush on anyone?" Harper asked. 

"Yeah, I do actually." Griffin answered truthfully. 

He wanted to say It's you Harper, its always been you. But he knew he couldn't do that without suffering a humiliating rejection. 

"I'm so sorry. I'm a horrible person. But, I have something to tell you. I'm really glad, I got paired with you. I like you, Griffin Campbell. Like, really like, you. I want to be more than friends, but now that I know you have a crush, can we just like, pretend this never happened?" Harper begged. Griffin smiled. Harper Dunn, liked him! More than a friend! He wasn't going to let his excitement stop him from messing with her for a minute though. 

They sat in silence for a few minutes. 

"Will you at least say something? Please?" Harper pleaded. Griffin took a deep breath and slowly began to lean in. "What, what are you-" Harper stuttered. Griffin's lips reached hers and the kiss moved slow but passionately. 

"What about your crush......this is so wrong....." Harper muttered, kissing him in between words. She knew that they shouldn't be doing this, especially when Griffin had a crush, but she couldn't bring herself to pull away from him. 

"She wouldn't mind." Griffin smirked. 

"Well, even if she wouldn't, I would. I can't do this, Griffin. Even though, I really, want to." Harper said. 

"It's you, Harp." Griffin spoke quietly. 

"Me? You like me too? But, what about your crush?" Harper asked. 

"It's you, Harper, I thought we just covered this." Griffin joked. 

"Wait, I need to know that you're not messing with me." Harper said firmly. 

"Would I lie to you?" Griffin asked, moving his lips back onto hers. "Do you think I'm joking?" 

"I guess not." Harper chuckled. 

They came out about five minutes later, hand in hand, Zoey, Topher, and Wyatt smirking as they watched their siblings walk by.