Sweet 16!

"How about these ones?" Harper asked her boyfriend, Griffin Campbell, as she pointed to a cluster of balloons. Griffin, who was originally staring at his phone, trying to figure out how to order the cake before they went to pick it up, looked up. 

"I like it." He stated. 

"That's what you've said about every one I pointed out!" Harper exclaimed. 

"Because every one you've already pointed out, was perfectly fine, love. You're looking into this way too much." Griffin said with a playful nudge to her shoulder. 

"But I don't know how to plan a sweet sixteen party! You do, you're already sixteen!" Harper protested. Griffin thought for a moment. 

"Harp, I love you, but you planned my sweet sixteen, because I said I was just gonna chill at home with a few guys from the basketball team, and you said that the sixteenth birthday had to be one to remember. Remember? So you planned the thing at the laser tag arena and everyone had a blast, so you should know how to plan your own party." Griffin reminded with a teasing glance. She remembered. 

"Oh right." Harper muttered. Griffin smiled and went back to his phone. "Soooo, back to the original topic.....which balloons?!" 

Griffin sighed and chuckled before helping Harper. 

***********

"And.....done!" Griffin exclaimed. Harper stepped back to admire their handiwork. The Tremont parlor was completely decked out in neon colors and they already knew that this truly would be a sweet sixteen to remember.