Bad Week?

Griffin stormed into the Tremont and looked as though he was going to cry every day this week. He would storm upstairs, lock himself in his room, and not talk to anyone. Then a few hours later, he would come out for dinner as though nothing had happened, although everyone could see his red puffy eyes from crying. 

That Friday, Harper was ready. He had seemed fine at school, but yet again, he had seemed fine at school every other day this week. She sat on the couch waiting for Griffin after his guitar lesson from the music teacher. 

Right on time, the door to the Tremont burst open and in came Griffin, trying not to cry. 

"Griff wait!" Harper exclaimed. But it was too late. He was already up the stairs and a door slam was heard throughout the Tremont. 

Harper sighed and walked up the stairs, opening his bedroom door, not even bothering to knock first. 

"Griff?" Harper asked, peeking through the door. She looked around the room, finding him sitting at his desk, head in hands. 

"Griffin, what's wrong?" She asked with a concerned look on her face as she walked over to his desk and rubbed his back. He didn't bother to answer. She let him calm down a bit before he looked up at her with teary eyes and she led him over to the bed. They sat down on the edge, Griffin's head on Harper's shoulder, her head on top of his. 

"You gonna tell me what's wrong?" Harper asked. "It's been like this every day this week." 

Griffin looked up at her with a puppyish look on his face. She could tell by his eyes that he was pleading not to tell her. 

"You don't have to tell me anything. But I do wanna know what to do to help you." Harper instructed. He shrugged his shoulders. 

"You seemed fine at school. Did it happen after school?" Harper asked. A tear fell from Griffin's face. She'd hit a nerve. She rubbed his back. 

"What happened after school?" Harper asked gently. 

"It doesn't matter." Griffin cried out. 

"It clearly matters when my best friend is sitting on his bed crying. Every day this week Griffin! Please." Harper pleaded. 

"I don't wanna talk about it." He choked out in between sobs. Harper nodded. 

"Will you tell me eventually?" Harper asked lightly. He nodded. 

"That's all I ask. Now relax." Harper instructed. He hugged her tightly. 

"Thank you." Griffin breathed out.

"Anytime. Love you Griff." Harper said. 

"Love you too Harper." Griffin mumbled as his eyes fluttered shut. 

They soon fell asleep together, snuggled up onto Griffin's bed.