Harper "or Daisy's" Excursion (part 4)

A very long 9 months was over. Griffin was fast asleep in his bed, sleeping peacefully when a teary eyed Sarah ran in and shook him awake. 

"What is it mom?" He asked sleepily. 

"It's Harper honey. She's in the hospital. She's having the baby." She explained. Griffin shot up and held tears of his own. 

"Get ready quick honey." Sarah instructed. Griffin nodded. Sarah walked out of the room, turning on the light for him. Griffin climbed out of bed and changed into a pair of jeans and a sweatshirt. He then went downstairs as him and Sarah drove to the hospital slowly. 

*******

20 minute later, they arrived at Maple Hospital at about four in the morning. They quickly parked and went to the front desk. 

"Harper Dunn." Sarah told the receptionist. The woman typed on the computer. 

"You may wait outside labor room 3. Second floor." The woman instructed. Sarah quickly thanked her as they scurried onto the nearest elevator. They made it to floor 2, labor room 3 and found Jess outside the room sobbing. They all waited for a long time..........

**************

Harper was finally awake. The baby was healthy. Harper was healthy. Her mental health, not great. Griffin walked into the room. 

"Hey Harp." He said gently. No answer. 

"Can you answer your boyfriend please Harper?" Jess said. A scoff from Harper. Griffin and Jess exchanged a confused look. Jess shot him a sorry look and shrugged. 

"I can just go..." Griffin muttered before walking out. He waited outside the room once more and sighed, wondering why Harper seemed mad at him. She's probably just upset. 

***********

A few hours later, Griffin tried again. 

"I brought you some food and a water Harp." Griffin said, setting her favorite soup and a bottle of water on the stand next to her. 

"Thanks." Jess answered. He nodded. 

When she didn't speak for a few more minutes, Griffin decided to start a conversation. 

"So, how are you feeling Harper?" Griffin asked nicely. She shot up angrily. 

"HOW DOES IT LOOK LIKE I'M DOING?! HUH?! WHY CAN'T YOU JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!? I DON'T WANNA SEE YOUR FACE EVER AGAIN GRIFFIN CAMPBELL! I HATE YOU!" She screamed. Jess looked surprised and Griffin's heart dropped. 

"You don't mean that..." He muttered, nearing tears. He didn't know what he did but he knew Harper wasn't joking around. 

"I. HATE. YOU. GET OUT!" She yelled. 

Griffin knew his heart broke right there. A tear fell from his red face. 

"I'm sorry...." He apologized for nothing. He turned to leave. 

"Griffin wait!" Jess called out. He didn't wait. He left the room and went straight to his mom who was sitting down. 

"Mom, I wanna go home." He said trying not to cry. 

"Why sweetie? What's wrong?" She asked. 

"I just wanna go home." He said, now crying. Jess then ran out and ran over to Griffin, hugging him. 

"I'm sorry sweetie. I don't know what's wrong with her-she just-" Griffin ripped himself out of the embrace. And started walking towards the elevator. The women could hear him sniffling. 

"What happened?" Sarah asked. 

Jess explained and Sarah immediately ran out. She found Griffin waiting in the car. 

"You sure you wanna leave?" Sarah asked before driving away. 

"I'm not wanted here." He stated bluntly. 

"Grif-" Griffin interrupted Sarah. 

"Mom. I want to go home please." 

"Ok, baby." 

With that, they drove back to the Tremont. 

To be continued.....

(I'm  crying while writing this :( <3)