Rockstar Crossed Lovers

hey guys! so I know we're all aware of the fact that Griffin is the musical one of the two....BUT, slight AU, what if Griffin AND Harper were both musically talented and they were in a band together!? 

anyways, this is that scenario and while they're song writing, Griffin confesses his feelings for Harper, but she turns him down, not wanting to ruin things for the band if they were to ever break up....part 2 coming soon....

sorry that was kind of a long description....but here we go! I hope you guys enjoy! <3 

************

Griffin finished playing the tag for the song he had completed earlier in the day on his guitar and he looked up. His best friend, Harper Dunn, clapped lightly. He blushed. 

"That was incredible. You came up with that today?" Harper asked, incredulous. 

"Yeah. Its still a little bland in some spots, but I tried." Griffin shrugged. Harper chuckled lightly. 

"Don't be modest, Griff, its amazing. I love it." Harper complimented. 

"Thank you." He smiled, setting the guitar against the wall on a three point angle so it wouldn't fall. 

"I love these lyrics too. But I think for the chorus, what if we say 'you' instead of 'her'?" Harper suggested as she tapped her pen against the lyrics sheet Griffin had printed for her. 

"Wouldn't that be confusing?" Griffin asked. 

"I don't think it would be." Harper shrugged. 

"It just seems...inconsistent." Griffin explained as the right word came to mind. 

"Sure, maybe a little, but I like it. At the start, the song is just about a girl. But then in the chorus, if we say 'you' instead of 'her', its like its for the girl. Like you're singing to her, rather than about her. I don't know, what do you think?" Harper asked. Griffin considered this before shrugging and nodding along. 

"Sounds great. Lets add it in there." Griffin agreed. Harper smiled. The two grabbed their pens and made the corrections to their lyric sheets. There was silence for a minute as the two wrote quickly. 

"So, who's the song about?" Harper asked, curiously, smirking like she normally did when she tried to get Griffin to talk gossip. 

"A girl." Griffin shrugged, not meeting her eyes. Harper rolled hers. 

"No shit Sherlock, I figured. Not one of those feathered groupies from the party last night, I hope?" Harper questioned remembering the dumb, drunk teen girls from the party they went to the night before. Griffin quickly shook his head with a shudder. 

"Eww, no way. They were weird." Griffin shook it off. 

"Okay, good." Harper chuckled. "The ginger chick was ALL over you." 

Another shudder from Griffin. 

"She was the worst one. Followed me around ALL night, and she was hella annoying. She eventually told me she thought I was fine and I rejected her." Griffin shrugged it off. Harper smiled lightly. 

"I know, I saw her face when you walked away from her. Poor girl." Harper sympathized. Griffin shrugged. 

"I didn't like her." Griffin explained honestly. 

"You've been doing that a lot lately." Harper stated, more of a questioning tone in her voice. 

"Doing what?" Griffin asked, clearly confused. 

"Brushing girls off that are oh so obviously into you. Is there a girlfriend I don't know about?" Harper asked, only slightly joking. Griffin chuckled.