He's One of the Good Ones

based off of the song "One of the Good Ones" by Gabby Barrett. Harper and Griffin are secretly dating and she tells her friend about her special boy. 

song fic, short but sweet!

**********

"He's so cute! Bro, Mitch is literally fine!" Bailey exclaimed. 

"Girl, he may be cute, but he's a total dick." Harper laughed. 

"Well you didn't ask about personality, you asked about who I found attractive." Bailey shrugged. 

"How about personality?" Harper asked with a giggle. The two were sitting on Bailey's bed having their weekly sleepover. Bailey thought about the question. 

"I don't know honestly. I haven't really thought about it recently." She shrugged with an honest chuckle. "What about you? Any special boys?" 

"I have a boyfriend." Harper felt her heart beat a little faster just thinking about him and she knew her face was going red as it was heating up fast. Bailey gasped. 

"Harper Marie Dunn! We are best friends and you didn't even tell me you had a boyfriend!" Bailey exclaimed with a light laugh. 

"We wanted to keep it under wraps for now." Harper shrugged. 

"Who is it?" Bailey asked. 

"I can't tell you!" Harper protested. 

"Fineeeee. How long have you been together?" Bailey asked curiously. 

"Three months was yesterday." Harper smiled longingly. Bailey squealed. 

"Aww! What did you guys do to celebrate?" Bailey asked. Harper chuckled. 

"Not you being so excited." Harper teased. 

"Well my love life is boring so I shall live vicariously through you, pooks!" Bailey laughed. "Now spill!" 

Harper blushed. 

"Well, he took me on a picnic and then we went back to his house and snuggled up on his bed and he gave me his favorite hoodie and we watched the entire series of OBX so far." Harper explained. 

"OMG, that's so cute! I love him already!" Bailey squealed, grabbing Harper's hands into her own. Harper smiled wide. 

"You do, actually. You and him are friends." Harper teased. Bailey's eyes widened. 

"WAIT, he goes to our school!?" Bailey asked, in shock. Harper nodded excitedly. "I know who it is." 

"No you don't." Harper laughed. 

"Fine, tell me how he treats you and then I'll make my guess at the end. I guarantee I know who it is." Bailey shrugged, crossing her arms. 

"Okay." Harper laughed. 

"Bet." The curly blonde girl leaned back on her bed and got comfortable. Harper smiled before starting. 

"He's a phone call to his parents. He's a bible by the bed. He's the tee shirt that I'm wearing. He's the song stuck in my head. He's silent and he's steady in everything he does. He knows just where he's going and he's proud of where he's from. He's one of the good ones." Harper began to explain, willingly looking off into the distance. 

She remembered how they were snuggling at Harper's house and his mom called him. He spoke to her so kindly. Not like how every other teenage boy Harper knew spoke to their parents. He didn't have a great relationship with his father, but Harper was amazed at how respectful he treated his dad. Harper admired the way Griffin read a few passages out of the Bible every night before he settled into bed. She loved how Griffin had a new rock and roll tee shirt on every time she saw him. From Nirvana, to The Red Hot Chili Peppers, to Fleetwood Mac, to ACDC. He loved them ALL. And it seemed as though he had a shirt for every last band on earth. Every time Griffin would play a song on his guitar, or hum one out loud, Harper would always manage to get it stuck in her head. Although they had VERY different music taste, even if Harper hated the song, if Griffin had been humming it, of course it was stuck in her head. He was always so shy in front of new people, but everything he did, Griffin managed to do it well. Harper wondered how he did everything he tried at successfully. Except art....okay maybe not everything, but enough. Griffin knew what he wanted in life. He wanted to grow up, go to college, be a music teacher and settle down with Harper and have a couple kids on a nice plot of land. It was his dream, and Harper agreed that it was a very pretty dream. But through all of that, he'll never forget Chicago, where he used to live. They weren't living amazingly, but he'll never forget it, and to this day, he always told Harper stories about it. Harper knew he was perfect. 

"Continue." Bailey smiled. 

"He's a love me like he should one, like he wrote the book one. The kind you find when you don't even look one. Everybody can be good once, but he's good all the time. He's one of the good ones, and he's all mine." Harper gushed. 

Griffin respected Harper. He wasn't like the other guys at Sulphur Springs, high school. Most of them treated the girls terrible. Griffin was a gentlemen. He treated Harper perfect. Harper truly believed that he could've written a book on what a true, loving relationship looked like. Harper didn't look for a lover when she walked into school that day. All she saw was a cute new boy struggling to open his locker. She befriended him and almost immediately fell in love with him. Boys may act nice just to get what they want sometimes, but Griffin wasn't like that. Griffin didn't expect anything like that from Harper. He just wanted her for her. Harper was so glad that she got to call him hers. 

Bailey just smiled. 

"Tell me more." 

"You'll know him when you see him by the way he looks at me. You'll say he hung the moon, but he hung my galaxy. Nobody does it better the way he pulls me in. I've known a couple bad ones but they all lead me to him. He's really one of the good ones." Harper knew she was bright red. 

She loved the way Griffin looked at her. Every time their eyes met, Griffin's greenish brownish eyes glimmered in the light and they softened as his lips would curl into a smile. He'd look her up and down and smile to himself before nervously biting his lip and telling her that she looked gorgeous. Harper loved how flustered he got whenever she would catch him staring at her lovingly. Harper couldn't even remember what her life was like without him and she never wanted to remember ever again. She loved him so much and he truly made her world better. And the way he pulled her in....gosh! He would set his hands on her hips and look into her eyes with his own nervous ones, he'd be a blushing mess, and he'd rub light circles into her hips. Then he'd lightly pull her close to him until their lips met. It was perfect. He was perfect. Harper grimaced lightly as she remembered her terrible ex, Luke. And her other terrible ex, Tucker. And let us not forget, failed talking stage, Drew. But they all led her to Griffin. And she was grateful for that. 

"He's a love me like he should one, like he wrote the book one. The kind you find when you don't even look one. Everybody can be good once, but he's good all the time. He's one of the good ones, and he's all mine." 

"Go on." Bailey smiled. 

"We should all find us one. They're out there, minus one. There are only some good ones, and I got a good one. He's a love me like he should one, like he wrote the book one. The kind you find when you don't even look one. Everybody can be good once, but he's good all the time. He's one of the good ones, and he's all mine."

"Is that all?" Bailey asked with a giggle. 

"No, there's so much more I could say about him, but I'll be done." Harper joked. The girls shared a laugh. 

"Ready to hear my guess?" Bailey smirked. Harper nodded. 

"Absolutely! You'll never get it." Harper said confidently. 

"Its Griffin Campbell." Bailey raised her eyebrows and smiled at Harper. The girls face fell, disappointed that she was right. 

"Well shit." Harper muttered. 

"At least you got a good one." Bailey shrugged with a smile. Harper chuckled. 

"Yeah, you're right. He's the BEST one." Harper smiled, blushing yet again. 

**********

Okay this turned out longer than I expected, though its still kind of short. I got bored and I heard this song earlier and I immediately saw Griffin in it so here we are. Any requests? Let me know! 

Hope you enjoyed this random oneshot lol! Two updates with 48 hours!? I'm proud of myself ngl! <3 

WORD COUNT: 1466