Harper "or Daisy's" Excursion (part 3)

"Griffin, EXPLAIN." Sarah said firmly. 

Griffin was now nearing tears himself. He didn't know what was going on with him. All he knew, is that he felt like crap, and it showed. 

"I didn't mean to upset her." Griffin said quietly, now trembling. 

He explained the situation to his mother. All she could do was sigh. 

"I'm not fixing this for you Griffin. This is your mess. You figure it out." Sarah instructed. Griffin nodded. 

He was about to call Harper, to apologize, to beg her to come back so they could cuddle, their normal Friday routine. 

That's when he saw the text. 

Harp <3

H: I'm sorry Griffin, I didn't know you felt this way. I loved you, and I guess I misread the room. I think it's just better if we're done. It'll take a lot of stress off of you, and that'll make me happy. I'm sorry.

Before Griffin could respond, then this happened. 

Harp <3 has blocked you

Griffin lost it. He fell to the floor, in tears. 

Sarah came up 20 minutes later to check on him, and found him, knee's up to his chest, crying nonstop and uncontrollably. 

"Oh baby." Sarah said, as she ran over to him. She knelt beside him and comforted him. 

.........

"Hey sweetie." Jess said as she walked into Harper's room. 

"Hey mom." Harper said sadly. 

"What's wrong?" Jess asked. 

"Griffin and I got into a huge fight and I broke up with him to spare myself the disappointment. I knew he was going to anyway." Harper said, crying again. 

"Oh kiddo." 

...........

Griffin gave it a day. For him to cool down and for Harper to relax. 

Now, 24 hours later, he stood at the Dunn's doorstep with flowers and an apology ready. Jess opened the door and saw the sorry look on his face and smiled sweetly. 

"Harper's in her room." Jess said. Griffin nodded. 

"Thank you." Griffin said. 

He knocked on Harper's door. 

"I'm busy mom." Harper shouted. He opened the door. 

"Hey." Griffin said. 

"What are you doing here?" Harper asked. 

"I wanted to apologize. I love you Harper and you didn't deserve that. I don't know what was or is going on with me lately. I'm really sorry. I never wanted to break up, and I'm sorry that I ever gave you that idea. I was an asshole, if you wanna dump me or stay broken up, I completely understand. But I just wanted to tell you that I'm really sorry. I love you." Griffin explained. He handed her the flowers and turned around sadly, ready to walk out. Harper put her hand on his shoulder. He turned around, confused. She pulled him into a hug. 

"I love you too. You were an asshole, but we all have our days. The only reason I broke up with you was because I wanted to spare myself the disappointment of you dumping me first." Harper explained. 

"I was a total asshole. What can I do to make it up to you?" Griffin asked. 

Harper just smiled and kissed him. 

"What was that for?" He asked, showing a smile smile. 

"Because, it's not all your fault. I'm going through a rough time, but that doesn't mean that you aren't. I'm sorry I wasn't there for you when you needed me." Harper answered. 

They spent the rest of the day hanging out in the treehouse. Talking, playing cards, and this time, actually kissing. :)