So, you're jealous of basketball?

It had been 3 weeks. Griffin was a different person lately ever since he made it onto the Sulphur Springs varsity basketball team. 

He always sat with the team at lunch, leaving Harper by herself. The two never hung out after school as he always had practice or games. Harper went to every game but he never said hi to her after the game. He ignored all her texts and calls. They didn't even sit next to each other in class anymore as he was always surrounded by his teammates. 

Harper loved that Griffin finally found something he liked to do that helped him make new friends in Sulphur Springs. She knew it had been rough for him since he left Chicago and all his friends. But Harper wished that she hadn't basically lost her friend. Her best friend. 

It was Friday night and earlier that day, Harper had finally caught Griffin alone and asked him to go out for ice cream after his game that day. He said yes since he felt bad that he had't hung out with Harper for a while. The truth was, her missed her, he was just busy. 

Harper watched from the bleachers as the team dispersed after the game and she made her way over to Griffin. 

"You played great! You ready to go?" She asked with a smile, finally happy to hang out with her best friend. 

"Absolutely!" He answered truthfully. Then all of a sudden, Griffin's friend Owen came over. 

"Hey dude! We're going out for team pizza! You coming?" He asked. 

"Sure be right there!" Griffin exclaimed with a smile. Owen nodded before walking back to the rest of the team. Griffin looked back at Harper. Harper frowned. 

"Oh sorry Harper. Can I meet you at Dunn's after dinner?" He asked. She nodded. 

*********

Two hours later there was Harper still waiting for Griffin. She was getting worried so she pulled out her phone and clicked on his contact. 

Griff<3

H: Griffin? Where are you? 

You should've been here by now

Griffin? 

Please answer me, I'm getting worried. 

                                                                                                                                         G: Sorry Harp! I totally forgot!

                                                                                                                                 Can I maybe raincheck? 

Harper sighed before replying. 

Sure

*********

The next day, Griffin noticed that Harper wasn't at his game. 

She always comes. Where is she? He thought. 

The day after that, he realized that Harper wasn't sitting at their usual table. She was no where to be found. 

I saw her last period. Where could she be? He thought. 

Griffin checked his phone. 

Nothing? She always texts me. What's wrong with her? He thought. 

This continued on for a while until Griffin finally got the courage to ask her what was wrong. He stopped her on her way out of science class and turned her to face him. 

"Hey Harper. What's wrong? You seem distant lately." He said. 

"I seem distant? ME?" Harper scoffed. "Just leave me alone Campbell." 

Campbell? She used the last name, she was not happy. 

Griffin sat at lunch picking at his food. 

"Hey dude, there's that girl you like. She's actually at lunch today. What's her name? Hayley? Heather?" Owen asked. 

"It's Harper." Griffin muttered. 

"Right! You should go talk to her." Owen suggested. 

"She doesn't want to talk to me." He stated. 

"Why not dude? I thought you two were best friends?" Owen reasoned. 

"We were at least. She's mad at me and I don't know why." He explained. 

"Probably cause you blew her off the other night man." Owen stated. Griffin's head shot up. 

He was the problem! That's when it sank in. 

"I'll be right back bro." Griffin said. He didn't wait for Owen's reply. He was already half way across the cafeteria in the blink of an eye.  He went to his old table. 

"I'm sorry Harper. I've been a horrible friend and I'm sorry I blew you off the other night. I'm really sorry and-just-I'm sorry." Griffin ranted. Harper picked her head up and just looked at him. 

"It's okay Griff." Harper said. 

"No it's not and I'm sorry." Griffin said shamefully. 

"It's whatever Griffin. Here." She said. Griffin knew she was still mad. She stood up and threw a small box to him before grabbing her tray and leaving him there. 

He read the letter. 

Dear Griff, 

It's been two years since you moved here from Chicago and two years since we've become friends. I love you so much and you are my best friend in the entire world. I hope you like the present!

Happy friendaversary, 

Harper <3

"Shit, I'm so stupid. How could I forget?" Griffin scolded himself. He opened the box to see a keychain with a locker and a guitar. 

"Locker Ninja." He said with a small smile. 

With that, he ran out of the cafeteria trying to find Harper. 

**********

Long story short, after school Griffin was ditching practice and was now standing outside the Dunn's house. He knocked on the door. 

Harper opened it.

"Hey." Griffin said. He handed her the flowers. 

"Hey..." Harper said, taking them unsurely. 

"I'm sorry I forgot about the anniversary of our friendship. I love you too Harper and I'm sorry I abandoned my best friend." He sincerely apologized. He handed her a picture frame. Harper looked at it and smiled. 

"Happy friendaversary

"Happy friendaversary." Griffin chuckled. Harper just smiled and hugged him tight. 

"But let me get this straight, you were jealous of basketball?!" Griffin said shocked. 

"Shut up Campbell." Harper smirked. 

"Yes ma'am." Griffin hugged her tighter.