HARFFIN OR WYLER?

LOTS OF REFERENCES FROM THE SHOW "WEDNESDAY"! Sav is like Enid, Harper is like Wednesday, and Griffin is like Tyler

Griffin Campbell had recently moved to Sulphur Springs from Chicago. He made some new friends and got a new job at Dunn's cafe. His life was pretty good here in Louisiana, but there was one thing that he needed. Harper Dunn. 

Prettiest girl in school. She was....different though, to say the least. Anyways, Griffin was at his shift and his boss, Jess was helping him fix the coffee pot. Next thing they knew, the top burst off of it, and a fog drifted through the air. 

"I'm gonna go get the cleaning supplies." Jess sighed. He nodded and turned back towards the counter. He jumped as he saw Harper appear. 

"Holy crap! Do you make a habit of scaring the hell out of people?" Griffin joked lightly. Harper looked him up and down. 

"Its more of a hobby." She stated bluntly. He nodded awkwardly. 

"Welcome to Dunn's, what can I get you?" He asked, regaining his shy but joyful demeanor. 

"Nothing. That woman you work for? That's my mother." Harper said. 

"Oh. I'm Griffin, by the way. Griffin Campbell." He introduced. 

"Harper. Dunn, if you couldn't tell from the sign out front." She said, not changing her dark expression. 

He nodded. 

******************

A few months after their first meeting, they were beginning to become friends. Let's just say though, that Griffin's father, Ben, didn't want Griffin hanging out with Harper. He said that she was a bad influence, and that he didn't want his son with a delinquent. Of course, Griffin didn't listen, I mean, what harm could she possibly do? 

Harper and Griffin hung out near the springs by Griffin's house when all of a sudden, Ben was seen approaching. Griffin pulled Harper against him, behind a tree until Ben passed. Griffin released her and they awkwardly looked at each other. 

***************

Sulphur Springs High School Homecoming. Griffin desperately wanted to ask Harper, but he also knew she'd say no. Or so he thought. He was closing up shop at Dunn's and noticed a small note in the tip jar. Harper invited HIM. He smiled brightly and ran home. He changed into a nice suit and ran back to the cafe, asking for Jess's address. He explained everything, and Jess smiled saying that Griffin was the good influence needed in her life. They walked to the Dunn household and Griffin walked up the stairs to Harper's room. 

"Griffin?" Harper asked, confused as to why the boy was standing in her bedroom doorway looking nice in a simple red suit. 

"I got your invite. Guessing you left it on the counter." Griffin said with a light smile. She nodded and glanced over at a tall, blond girl with emerald green eyes with a somewhat pointed glare. The girl shrugged lightly. 

"Good guess." Harper said. 

"The note was really sweet, totally took me by surprise." Griffin joked. 

"Me too." Harper said, shooting another pointed look at the blond haired girl. Griffin smiled and raised an eyebrow. 

"Do you need a few minutes?" He asked. Without responding, Harper closed the door in his face. "I guess she does." 

Harper turned to the girl on her bed. 

"Savannah, explain." She asked her best friend. The two were COMPLETE opposites. Harper was dark, sarcastic, and witty, while Savannah was bright, kind, and bubbly. 

"Oh come on, Harper, he's adorable, he clearly likes you, and it'll be fun! Please?" Savannah pouted. Harper sighed. 

"Fine. But Griffin and I are just friends." Harper said. 

"Better than I expected." Savannah smiled. 

Soon Harper walked down wearing a simple red dress to match his tux but she still managed to look stunning. 

"Lets go." She said. Without waiting, she walked out the door, Griffin directly behind her. 

*********

A few weeks later was Harper's birthday. She was sitting at Dunn's reading a book when Griffin slid into the booth across from her and pushed a latte her direction. 

"Happy Birthday!" He exclaimed cheerfully. 

"Birthday, yes. Happy, never." She said. Griffin smiled. 

"Come on, don't you like a day that's all about you?" He pushed. 

"Every day is all about me. This one just comes with cake and a bad song." Harper said, looking back down at her book. Griffin chuckled. 

"So, if I asked you out to a non birthday, song free dinner, you'd say yes?" Griffin asked hopefully. She shrugged. 

"Pick me up at seven." Harper said, showing a small smile before grabbing the latte and walking out the door. He smiled before going back to work. 

He pulled up at the Dunn's house at seven PM sharp and pulled out his phone to text Harper. Harper opened the door as he hit send and he jumped. 

"Jesus!" He exclaimed fearfully. She climbed in the car and buckled. A second later the same blond girl from before climbed into the backseat, also buckling. "Who's this?" 

"I'm Savannah, who are you?" Savannah asked confused. Harper's eyes widened. Griffin turned to Harper. 

"I thought we were going on a date?" Griffin asked. 

"You told me it was a girls night out!" Savannah exclaimed. 

"Change of plans. Campbell, drive." Harper said. 

*************

Savannah, Harper, and Griffin were on a walk in the woods one night when suddenly Griffin disappeared. Savannah and Harper looked around for over an hour and found nothing. Then suddenly, they heard shaky breaths coming from a cave. 

They saw Griffin holding his chest tightly. There were huge scratch marks, bleeding from his chest and he struggled to keep his breath steady. 

"Savannah, hold this!" Harper exclaimed, handing Savannah a flashlight. She rushed to Griffin's side, Savannah holding the light and examined his wound. 

"You're hurt, can you walk?" Harper asked. A few minutes later, they got Griffin into the car. They drove back to his house and Harper patched him up. 

*************

A few weeks later, Griffin tried once more. He set up an elaborate picnic and movie night. He decided it was finally time to step out of his comfort zone and tell Harper how he really felt. He paused the movie and Harper sent him a confused glance. 

"I want us to be more than friends." He said quickly. She paused. 

"You'll snap out of it." She said, looking away. Griffin sighed. 

"Don't do that. Discount my feelings." Griffin said sadly. 

"I'm not friend material, let alone more than friend material. I'll ignore you, stomp on your heart, and always put my needs and interests first." She warned. He shrugged. He leaned in, but she stopped him. "You're making a mistake." 

"Probably." He muttered. She nodded. 

"Definitely." Harper mumbled. He leaned in but this time Harper didn't stop him. They kissed and for the first time since Griffin had met Harper Dunn, she broke out into a wide smile.