Thanksgiving Special

Griffin took a deep breath as he fixed his hair in the mirror of his bathroom. He heard a knock on his bedroom door before hearing his girlfriend call into the room. 

"Babe, are you ready?" Harper's voice called in. 

"Yeah." Griffin called out. With that, Harper appeared in the doorway and smiled as he turned towards her, questioning look on his face. 

"Look at you. You clean up nice."  Harper smirked. 

"You sure?" Griffin asked. Harper nodded with a smile. She walked over and pecked him on the lips. "Well, what about you, you look beautiful." 

"This old dress? It's nothing special." Harper teased. 

"Well, you look gorgeous." Griffin admitted. 

"Thank you." Harper said happily. She admired Griffin's face as he checked his dress shirt, yet again, in the mirror. "You're nervous." 

Griffin looked up, startled. 

"Me? Nervous? No..." He trailed off. 

"I can tell you're nervous. Look, don't worry. My mom and brother already love you, and the rest of my family loves you, and they don't even know you!" Harper assured. 

"Really?" Griffin asked nervously. 

"Yes, of course they do! Why wouldn't they? Besides, I love you, and that's what counts." Harper smiled. He nodded. She straightened his hair and then led the way down the stairs. They said goodbye to Griffin's family and went behind the front desk, looking for the keys to Griffin's black truck. 

"Find them?" Harper asked. Griffin shook his head. 

"I thought you had them." He said. 

"Me? Its your truck, I thought you had them." Harper sighed. 

"Oh wait." Griffin laughed, dangling the keys in front of her. She rolled her eyes playfully. 

"Oh, funny, funny, you got jokes. You got jokes. Okay. You think you're funny, Campbell." Harper teased. 

"I am funny." Griffin chuckled. Harper scoffed. 

"No, I'll get you back on that." Harper affirmed. 

"Oh really?" Griffin asked, flirtatiously. 

"Later tonight, when we get back, I'm gonna get you back. I'm not gonna tell you what I'm doing, just be prepared." Harper flirted. Griffin smirked. 

"I await the challenge." He shrugged. Harper smirked. 

"Okay, now get in the truck, we're gonna be late." Harper shooed him off. Griffin chuckled. They walked out into the chilly, fall air and climbed into the truck. They buckled their seat belts and Griffin started the car, and began on the road. 

"Harper?" Griffin asked, eyes not leaving the road. 

"Hmm?" She responded. 

"I'm really nervous." Griffin admitted. 

"Don't be, love. I already told you, they are all gonna love you. Listen, you got a 10 minute drive to mentally prepare yourself, so just breath, Griff. I've got your back, and trust me, they're gonna love you." Harper reassured. Griffin nodded and listened to the car as he drove into town. He pulled up to the Dunn residence and parked in his usual spot. The driveway had never been this crowded and Griffin climbed out of the truck and walked over to Harper's side. 

He opened the door and helped her step out of the car like a gentlemen. She smiled brightly. 

"Why are you so sweet?" Harper smiled. Griffin chuckled. He looked towards the house, nervous.