Private Time

Griffin had to talk to Harper. He couldn't do it anymore. He just had to get his feelings out in the open. Earlier that day, he and Harper were supposed to meet at the front desk of the Tremont, but Harper's mom needed her help. Then, they were supposed to meet in Griffin's room, but Ben needed Griffin's help in the basement. Then, they were supposed to meet at the springs but Zoey had dragged Harper to her room to look at jewelry. 

"Harper, I really have to talk to you. Meet me here at 2 and we'll walk to the tree house together okay?" Griffin asked. Harper nodded. 

********

It was finally 2 PM and Griffin was waiting for Harper on the front porch, nervously fidgeting with his watch. Harper came out a few minutes later. 

"Sorry I'm late. The restaurant is a mad house in there!" Harper exclaimed. 

"It's alright. Ready?" Griffin asked. Harper nodded. They walked in a comfortable silence all the way to the springs. 

When they finally arrived Griffin sat on a rock and Harper sat on one next to him. 

"So. What did you wanna talk to me about?" Harper asked sweetly. Griffin opened his mouth to answer but stopped when he heard a giggle. Followed by the twins running over and jumping into the springs. 

"What are you guys doing here?" Griffin asked. 

"We saw you guys leave and we decided to come with you!" Zoey exclaimed. 

"So you followed us?" Harper chuckled. Wyatt thought for a minute before nodding. 

"Basically!" He exclaimed. 

"Great. Nevermind Harper." Griffin muttered before heading back to the Tremont. Harper felt bad. Griffin had been trying to tell her something all day and she was either busy or hanging out with his siblings. 

"What's his problem?" Zoey asked. 

"He's been trying to tell me something and just hasn't had the chance. I guess that's why he wanted to come to the springs. So we could have private time for him to tell me whatever it was that he was gonna tell me." Harper explained, feeling guilty that she'd shut him out. 

"He was probably going to tell you that he's madly in love with you." Wyatt blurted out. Zoey nodded. Harper playfully rolled her eyes. 

"I'm gonna go find him. Please don't follow this time." Harper jokingly scolded. The twins nodded and Harper heard them splashing each other and giggling as she walked off. 

********

A few minutes later, Harper was back at the Tremont to find Griffin at the front desk serving customers. He seemed busy so she headed upstairs. 

About an hour later Griffin walked up to his room with a sigh. When he opened his bedroom door though he saw Harper sitting at his desk on her phone. 

"You lost? Your room's across the hall you know." He joked with a chuckle. 

"I know. I'm sorry I shut you out earlier. I've been really busy or hanging out with your siblings and I didn't even make enough time for my best friend to tell me something important." Harper said, her joking demeanor turning to sympathy. 

"It's fine. It's not that important I guess." Griffin said, looking down. 

"No one's here. You can tell me now?" Harper offered. 

"I guess so." Griffin sat on his bed and patted the spot next to him. Harper relocated next to Griffin. 

"Whenever you're ready." Harper gently urged. 

"I, um, I really...." Griffin struggled to get the words out. 

"You really.....what?" Harper asked concerned. What if he didn't wanna be friends anymore?!

"I don't wanna be friends anymore." Griffin said. Harper felt tears prick her eyes. "I wanna be more." Griffin finished. Harper's urge to cry went away as confusion sprung to her features. More? Like for than friends? 

"What do you mean?" Harper asked even though she knew exactly what he meant. 

"I like you Harper. Like, like like you. I have since the day we met and I'm sorry if I just ruined our friendship and I'm really sorry if I made everything awkward but-" Griffin was cut off by Harper warm lips brushing against his own. 

The kiss was quick and Griffin felt himself turn as red as a tomato. 

"Don't you ever shut up?" Harper joked. 

"I guess not." Griffin chuckled, looking down in slight embarrasment. 

"Well then I guess I'll have to shut you up again." Harper muttered, leaning in again. This time the kiss was longer and more relaxed. 

*******

A few minutes later, after a conversation about who played the better spiderman: Tom Holland or Andrew Garfield, Harper laughed. 

"I guess Wyatt was right." Harper stated. 

"What do you mean?" Griffin asked. 

"He said you probably had to confess your undying love for me." Harper said. 

"He knows me well." Griffin laughed. 

They kissed again but were soon interrupted by a shout. 

"I WAS RIGHT! ZOEY GET IN HERE YOU OWN ME 5 BUCKS!" Wyatt exclaimed. Zoey ran in and looked at how close the two were together. 

"Dang it." She said in defeat before handing Wyatt and 5 dollar bill. 

"Guys, important question. Who's the better Spiderman. Andrew Garfield....." Griffin began. 

"Or Tom Holland?" Harper said like that was the obvious answer to the question. 

"Tom Holland." Wyatt said the same time Zoey said "Andrew Garfield." 

They glared at each other and walked out arguing about this new topic. 

"Well, I guess it doesn't matter if your twins or a couple. You still argue on who is the better Spiderman. Which is obviously Tom." Harper began. 

"No, It's Andrew G!" Griffin fired back. 

"Don't diss on my man Tom!" Harper exclaimed. 

"I thought I was your man?" Griffin asked. 

"Does your name start with a T and end with om Holland and do you play Spiderman?" Harper asked. 

"No..." Griffin muttered. 

"Then no. I love you anyways though." Harper said. 

Griffin chuckled. 

"Love you too." He replied. They kissed once more. 

Thank you guys so much for being patient with me! Sorry I haven't been updating as much but I hope to change that. I found the banner as fanart for Julie and the Phantoms but it reminded me of Griffin and Harper so I altered it slowly. It is not my picture! Anyways, I'm running low on idea's so please request some! <3 Season 3 coming this spring guys I'm so excited! Let me know some of your theories! This is a slightly longer chapter so I hope you enjoy! <3 :)