SEASON 3 SPECIAL

BRIEF SPOILERS FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVEN'T WATCHED THE FIRST TWO EPISODES YET. JUST A WARNING. 

Griffin was glad to be home. He was sitting on his bed, looking at the window. Harper noticed a sad look in his eye and knocked on the doorframe. He turned around to face her. 

"Come on in." He said. She walked in and closed his bedroom door behind her. She walked over and sat on his bed next to him. 

"You okay?" Harper asked. He nodded. Harper raised an eyebrow. He sighed. 

"No." Griffin said. 

"Why not?" Harper asked. 

"You hate me." Griffin said sadly. 

"I'm sitting next to you asking what's wrong, you think this is hate?" Harper asked confusedly. 

"No, I mean in the future. Why would I hurt Topher like that? Why would I hurt you?" Griffin wondered aloud, stress in his voice. 

"Sam already said, Griffin, it wasn't your fault." Harper assured. 

"Everybody seems to think it was! Including you." Griffin muttered sadly. 

"I'm sorry." Harper said sincerely. 

"It's not your fault. I'd probably hate me too. It just hurts." Griffin said. 

"Listen, Griffin, nothing is set in stone yet, there's still time to fix this. Everything will go back to normal, I promise." Harper said. 

"How!?" Griffin exclaimed, holding tears back. "I can't lose you! I won't!" 

"Exactly, you won't. We're gonna fix this, no matter what, Griff." Harper said calmly, setting her hand on his shoulder.

"How can you be so sure?" Griffin asked, quieter this time. 

"Because we'll figure something out. We always do. Plus, I won't lose my best friend." Harper assured with a smile. He tried to smile back but Harper could tell his smile was forced. "What else is wrong?" 

"What about my mom? Sam said it had to have happened soon." Griffin asked, voice breaking. 

"We just have to let time happen, and let things play out before we figure out how to stop that. Griffin, relax, and stop picking your nails!" Harper said, swatting at the boys hands, which were nervously fidgeting. He sighed. They sat in silence for a few moment. Eventually, the boys began picking his nails nervously again, and Harper took one of his hands in hers so he could no longer fidget. He blushed a bright shade of red. 

"You're as red as a tomato! Do you need a drink?" Harper asked. 

"Oh! N-no, I'm o-okay, thanks Harp." Griffin muttered, willing his face to return to its normal color. Harper realized why he was so uncomfortable and removed her hand quickly. 

"Sorry." She muttered. 

"N-no, it's good." Griffin said. 

"Griffin, can I do something crazy?" Harper asked. 

"I'll probably end up doing something crazier, so go for it." He said with a slight chuckle. Harper was going for a peck on his cheek and Griffin, startled, turned towards her. Instead of kissing his cheek, she smashed her lips against his and opened her eyes in surprise. 

"I thought-I'm so sorry!" Harper exclaimed. 

"Oops." Griffin said. Harper burst out laughing. "Told you I'd end up doing something crazier." He chuckled. 

"I bet I can beat your craziness." Harper bet. 

"Oh yeah? How so?" Griffin asked. She reached out to touch her hand to his cheek. "Do I have more food on my face?" 

"No." Harper said. He tilted his head and raised an eyebrow, confused, as Harper leaned in. His breath caught in his throat as he felt Harper's warm lips brush against his yet again. He finally relaxed and when they released, he hugged her tightly. 

"I guess maybe we are seahorses." Harper laughed. 

"What do you mean?" Griffin asked confusedly. 

Savannah popped out from Griffin's closet. The two lovebirds jumped and exclaimed in surprise. 

"Seahorses forever!" She exclaimed happily. Griffin looked back and forth between the two girls. 

"Okay, who is gonna tell me why I'm being called a seahorse?" Griffin asked. Harper pecked him on the lips. "I guess I'll wait."