So those things... ew!

Harper had been acting weird lately. Griffin realized that she did this every once in a while but now that they both lived in the Tremont and he saw her EVERY day, he noticed it more. And this time, she was really moody. He didn't know what was wrong and he was worried about her. 

He stood in the doorway of her bedroom and saw her laying on her bed and reading a book. 

"What ya reading?" Griffin asked lightly. She turned the book towards him. Bone Gap 

That sounds scary. He thought. Maybe I should come back later. No, you have to know what's going on.

"So...." Griffin began. Harper looked up and sighed. She set the book down. 

"Come on." She said, patting the bed. 

He came in and flopped on her bed. He inhaled the scent of lavender and vanilla. 

"Harper? Can I ask you a question?" He asked. 

"Sure babe." She replied. He took a deep breath. 

"What's going on?" He asked. 

"What do you mean?" She asked honestly. 

"Are you feeling okay? What happened? I'm so confused. Every once in a while, you get kinda moody and you act like your in pain and it worries me and I just wanna know what's wrong." Griffin blurted out in one breath. 

Harper chuckled slightly. 

"It's girl stuff." She stated bluntly. He tilted his head and cocked an eyebrow. 

"Oh come on! You have a sister, I thought you'd know these things." She said jokingly. He searched his brain for what she could be talking about. He was clueless. 

She explained everything in the least grossest way possible but by the end, Griffin's mouth was still wide open with shock. 

"So....you're telling me.... that blood comes out of.....holy shit!" He said in awe. Harper chuckled at his flabbergasted face. 

"AND, it happens once a MONTH? FOR A WEEK?" He asked, crazed. "I would die." He said. 

"Wait here." Harper said. 

She came back a few minutes later with a small wrapped item and a glass of water. He looked at her confusedly. 

She showed him the wrapped item. 

"This is a tampon. It helps to stop the blood. This is how it works." She said, unwrapping the tampon and putting it in the water. 

He nodded. Then, he watched it expand. Harper laughed as she thought if he opened his mouth any wider, his jaw would hit the floor. 

"I'm sorry

"I'm sorry." He apologized. He knew that if he had to do any of that, he wouldn't make it past a week. 

Harper just chuckled and hugged him.