A Rainy Day

Harper and Griffin are best friends! they were down at the springs until it randomly started pouring down rain. they bolted back to the Tremont and were having fun and messing around until something quite unexpected happened....read to find out!

"You have got to be kidding me!" Harper exclaimed as her and her best friend, Griffin Campbell stood in the pouring rain. 

"We're gonna have to run!" Griffin complained. 

"3, 2, 1, go!" Harper yelled. They bolted back to the Tremont, laughing and giggling the entire time. 

They eventually made it to the front porch of the Tremont, but they had already become soaking wet. 

"Thank God we don't live too far from the springs." Griffin said. They shared a laugh. They walked inside, looking like drowned rats. Griffin started shaking the wetness out of his hair like a dog. Harper giggled and stepped away. 

"Hey, stop! Would you quit that, you're like a dog!" Harper teased. 

"What do you want me to do?" Griffin asked, continuing to run his hand through his sopping hair. 

"Hmm, I don't know, you could use a towel. Or maybe change into some dry clothes like a normal person." Harper suggested teasingly. 

They walked into the downstairs bathroom and Griffin grabbed a towel out of the closet. He tossed it at Harper without warning, it draping over her like a ghost. She pulled it off of her, non amused look on her face. 

"I said for you to use it, not for you to chuck it at me." Harper warned playfully. Griffin started laughing. Harper mocked his laugh, face returning to as serious as her face would go. "Hahaha, you're so funny. You know what's not gonna be funny? When you start running in three seconds." 

"Why?" Griffin asked, confused. 

"Oh, you'll know why." Harper smirked. Griffin didn't waste another second, throwing the towel to the floor and sprinting up the stairs to his bedroom. Harper chuckled at his silliness and picked up the towel, hanging it up before running up the stairs to his room. As she arrived, the door was shut. "Do you really think the door being shut is going to stop me?" 

"It never seems to any other day." Griffin teased. Harper scoffed and feigned hurt. 

"Ouch, Campbell. I'm coming in." Harper warned. She twisted the doorknob. Locked. Dammit Griffin. 

"I played smart today. Locked." Griffin teased, quite proud of himself. 

"Yeah, okay." Harper chuckled. She pulled the bobby pin from her hair and picked the lock easily, sashaying into the room, closing the door behind her and waving the bobby pin in the air, Griffin's mouth agape as he stared at her in shock. "Now where was I?" 

"I don't know." Griffin said, having a trick of his own. He fake typed on a phone. Harper's phone. "What time is it? Oh, wait, you wouldn't know because I have your phone." 

Harper's eyes went wide. 

"When did you get that?" She panicked. 

"I have my ways." Griffin smirked with a shrug. 

"Give it!" Harper pleaded. 

"Let's see, what was the password again?" Griffin teased, attempting to unlock her phone. 

"No! Griffin!" She warned. 

"Ooh! There we go. What is Harper Marie Dunn hiding away on here." Griffin asked, succesfully opening the phone. Harper gasped. 

"Don't go through it! I'm not hiding anything." Harper protested. 

"Hmm, I'm calling bull." Griffin teased, looking back at the screen. Harper tackled him onto the bed and ripped her phone out of his hand. Griffin burst into laughter, not expecting that. 

"I really need to change my password. So much for you being trustworthy." Harper teased. Griffin shrugged. 

"I wasn't actually gonna go through it." He lied. 

"Oh really? Then why is my camera roll open?" Harper asked. "You looking for an embarrassing photo of me?" 

"Quite the opposite actually. Remember that photo you took of me the other month? Yeah, that needs to go, but I couldn't find it." Griffin pouted. Harper giggled. 

"Wanna see embarrassing? Let me take a pic of you right now. You look ridiculous. Your hair is all over the place, your shirt is still wet, and your face is as red as a tomato." Harper teased. Griffin was now painfully aware of his growing blush and the bulge in his pants as Harper straddled him, hovering over top his body. "You doing okay down there?" 

She smirked. Griffin's face went even redder as he playfully laughed it off. 

"You're heavy." He teased jokingly. 

"Wow, you asshole, I am not even on you!" She laughed. He shrugged. "Admit it. You're blushing because I've got you pinned down, and you're not used to having pretty girls on top of you." 

"Pretty?" Griffin joked. 

"Ouch. You know, you say that, yet who's been your lockscreen for 6 months straight?" Harper asked. 

"Because you looked funny in that pic and I looked fine as frick." Griffin joked. Harper playfully rolled her eyes. 

"Right. So why hasn't your blush gone away?" Harper asked flirtatiously. Griffin gulped. "Admit it. You like having me on top of you."

Griffin rolled his eyes and flipped over, now hovering over top of Harper. Her breath immediately caught in her throat and she willed the redness in her cheeks to go away. 

"Or not." She gulped. 

"Karma, Dunn." Griffin smirked. Harper sighed. 

"Point made. Now get off me, Campbell." Harper teased. 

"Now who's blushing?" Griffin flirted, not moving. 

"I am not! Its hot in here. You know that heat makes me flush easy." Harper lied, words coming out in a jumble. 

"Wow, blushing AND stuttering, I didn't know I was THAT good." Griffin teased. 

"Shut up! This is nothing." Harper lied. 

"That so?" Griffin asked. 

"Yeah. What are you doing, why are you so close?" Harper asked as Griffin leaned down, now hovering above her face. She turned her face away. 

"Why'd you turn?"  Griffin asked. 

"Cause if I didn't, we would've bumped noses. You know, you're getting awfully cocky for someone who was literally panicking when you were in my position." Harper stuttered. 

"Look at me." Griffin said gently. She shyly met his gaze once more. He glanced down at her lips then back up at her eyes as he placed his lips onto hers, eyes fluttering shut. Harper was taken by surprise, but didn't take long to kiss him back. 

Griffin's eyes went wide as they pulled apart. He immediately got off of Harper and stood up, pacing around the room. 

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that, I don't know what was going through my head and-" He was cut off by Harper. 

"Stop apologizing. It's fine. Griffin." Harper said. She stood up and set her hands on his shoulders, forcing him to stop pacing and then used to hand to turn his face to look her in the eyes. "I liked it. I like you, Griff. If you took any longer, I would've had to do it myself." 

Griffin smiled lightly and looked down. 

"Really?" Griffin asked. 

"Really that you don't know how or when to make a move? Yes, really." Harper teased. He rolled his eyes before kissing her again. 

"I like you too, Harp." Griffin confessed. 

"Really?!" Harper feigned shock. 

"I know, its hard to believe, right?" Griffin played along. 

"You best believe it is." Harper joked. 

The two kissed as the pouring rain rapped against the windowsill. 

Best rainy day ever. 

hope you enjoyed! WORD COUNT: 1234