Caught in the Act (griff) (part2)

back by popular demand, this is a continuation of "Caught in the Act" Griffin's version. in this oneshot, Harper eventually cracks and tells her mom about what Griffin had been doing. Jess tells Mrs. Campbell, and Griffin gets the help he needs.....he's just not happy about it. 

I did a lot of research on the topic of psychological hospital units for teenagers, but please let me know if you have any additional info you'd like to share! 

It had been two weeks. Two weeks since Griffin had done those horrible things to himself. That evening, him and Harper had cried together, he'd promised to never do those things to himself again. But Harper knew that it was easier said than done. 

No one but Harper knew. Griffin wanted it to stay that way. One afternoon, after a particularly rough day at school for Griffin, Harper and him sat on his bed at the Tremont. 

"You okay?" Harper asked for the 700th time she had in the past hour. Griffin sighed. 

"I already told you, Harper, I'm fine. Ever since, you know what, happened, you've been acting different." Griffin muttered. 

"Different? Of course I'm acting different. I don't want you to hurt yourself again." Harper said quietly, barely above a whisper. Tears welled up in Griffin's eyes. 

"Can we not talk about that? I'm fine, I'm not gonna do it again, I've learned my lesson." Griffin murmured, not looking at Harper. She wasn't buying it, but moved on to a different topic. 

*********

Later that evening, Harper was painting in her room when a light knock was heard at the door. Jess's light smiling face shown in the doorway from the bright hallway light. 

"You didn't eat much at dinner, and you always paint when you're in your feels. What's going on, baby?" Jess asked, sitting down on Harper's bed, patting the spot next to her. Harper set her current paintbrush in the cup of water before joining her mom on the bed. 

"I have a question." Harper stated. 

"Ask away." Jess smiled. 

"I have this friend. They're going through a bit of a rough time right now, and I want to help, but I just recently found out that they've been hurting themself. I comforted them, and they promised they'd stop, but I know its easier said than done with something like that, and I'm worried they're gonna do it again." Harper explained in one breath. Jess gasped. 

"What friend?" Jess asked.

"That's not important." Harper muttered, remembering Griffin's words to not tell anyone. 

"Baby, this kid could be in a lot of danger and I would like to alert the family to make sure they know that this is happening with their precious child." Jess tried. Harper shook her head. 

"That's the thing. He told me not to say anything." Harper sighed. 

"He?" Jess asked, tilting her head. Harper gulped. Oops. That kinda slipped out. 

"Yes." Harper said. 

"Who's he?" Jess asked, once more trying desperately. 

"Mom, I've already said too much." Harper protested. 

"You can never say enough when you're trying to save his life. Now, Harp, who is it, sweetie?" Jess asked sweetly. Harper shrugged as a tear fell from her face. 

Once the tear fell, Jess immediately knew who it was. 

"Griffin." Her face fell. Harper looked up in shock.