Talent Show!

Every kid in the Sulphur Springs middle school was required to participate in the talent show. Most tried to get out of it. All failed. Griffin Campbell was horrified of public speaking, much less singing in public. But that's what he was going to do. 

His best friend Harper Dunn was the only one who'd heard him sing before and she basically forced him to do it. So that's what he did. He wrote a song. Little did Harper know, that it was about her......

**********

About an hour into the talent show, after a girl finished playing the piano, the announcer came on stage. 

"Next up, Griffin Campbell!" The announcer exclaimed. Everyone clapped. He took a deep breath and Harper smiled and shot him a thumbs up before he walked onto stage carrying his guitar. 

He sat down on the stool and adjusted the microphone in front of him. Then, he began. 

He finished and everyone clapped heartily as Griffin blushed. 

He walked off stage. Harper hugged him. 

"That wasn't the song you said you were gonna play?" Harper asked more of a question. 

"Oh, uh yeah. Did you like it?" Griffin asked shyly. 

"Like it? I loved it!" Harper exclaimed. 

"It was about you." Griffin said looking down. 

Harper smiled. She said nothing but lifted his face to look at her. She kissed him gently. He was shocked but soon relaxed and smiled into the kiss. 

"I think that was your best song yet guitar god." Harper joked. 

"I hate you." Griffin chuckled. 

"Love you too." Harper said. She watched as Griffin got flustered as she said she loved him. Her reaction was to lean down and kiss him again. 

<33

Sorry it's short!