Good With Kids

Griffin Campbell and Harper Dunn were the power couple. Of course nobody knew that they could time travel. But when they were heading down to the basement on a Saturday afternoon to head to the future, Jess stopped the two. 

"Harp! Jayda came to visit and I need you to watch her while I go shopping!" Jess said. 

"But mom-" Harper was cut off. 

"Bye Harper! Love you!" Jess exclaimed. The 6 year old girl stepped into the parlor. 

"Hi Harper!" She exclaimed. 

"Hi Jayda Bean!" Harper exclaimed. The young girl ran into her older cousins' arms. 

"Who this?" Jayda asked. 

"This is my boyfriend Griffin sweetie." Harper said, gesturing to Griff. He waved. 

"Hi kiddo!" Griffin said with a sweet smile. Jayda waved. 

"Can we raincheck?" Harper asked sadly. 

"Why can't we take her with us?" Griffin asked. 

Harper pondered this idea for a moment. 

"Okay then, I'm sold! Let's go!" Harper exclaimed. They walked down to the basement. 

"Where we going?" Jayda asked. 

"On an adventure!" Griffin said excitedly to the little girl. Harper smiled at his playfulness. 

*******

Once they arrived in the future, things seemed to be messed up in every single way. At one point, Jayda walked into the burning Tremont. 

"NO JAYDA BEAN!" Harper exclaimed. Griffin didn't wait a second before he was bursting into the Tremont. 

"GRIFFIN WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!?" Harper yelled. 

"STAY!" He exclaimed. With that he was inside. 

It was about 10 minutes till they came back out. Griffin had Jayda in his arms. She was burnt but not badly. Griffin looked burnt to a crisp. Harper let tears fall as she ran over. She took Jayda into her arms and hugged her until Griffin collapsed to the ground. 

"Griffin?!" Harper gasped. She set her little cousin down and ran to his side. 

He clamped his eyes shut and took a deep breath. 

"Griffin please. Are you okay?" Harper asked with a worried voice. He nodded. 

"Is she okay?" Griffin breathed out. His ragged voice showed that he had inhaled lots of smoke. 

"Griffin, she's fine. We have to get you home and to a hospital." Harper said. 

"I don't have to go to a hospital Harp, I'm fine." Griffin stated. 

"Oh? Then stand up." Harper said. He managed to stand up half way before collapsing again. 

"Hospital it is." Griffin winced. 

Harper hefted Griffin up and they walked back to the hatch together, Jayda and Harper hand in hand and Griffin leaning on Harper's shoulder, limping as he walked. 

******

A few hours later, the hospital knew everything. Well, not exactly. The couple had told them a fake story about a burning building downtown. Jayda got checked out and her burns were treated. She cried a little but was otherwise okay. 

Griffin had just been discharged and put on some pain meds. He walked out of the room and Harper immediately ran to him and embraced him. 

"Let's head home." Harper suggested. Griffin nodded. 

**********

Later that day, the couple was snuggled up together, Jayda laying in between them, fast asleep. 

"I'm glad you're okay." Harper whispered. Griffin smiled. He looked down at the sleeping little girl. 

"I'm glad she's okay." Griffin stated. 

"And he's good with kids? I've got the whole package." Harper smirked. Griffin chuckled. 

They latched lips until Jayda opened her eyes. 

"Aweee." She said with a tired voice. 

"Go back to sleep Jayda Bean." Griffin mumbled, using Harper's nickname for her. 

"Otay hero." She said.

"Hero?" Griffin asked, confused. 

"Yea, cus you're my hero." Jayda mumbled before drifting back off to sleep. 

Griffin smiled and Harper squeezed his hand. 

"Yeah hero." Harper said with a smile. "I never knew you were so good with kids." 

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed! If you have any suggestions, let me know! <3