So you're jealous of basketball? (part2)

back by popular demand, I have a REALLY cute prompt for this one so I'm soooo excited! 

Who do you like? 

Those were the words that had been asked to Harper a million times that day. By the one and only crush, Griffin Campbell. 

Whoever told Griffin that Harper had a huge crush on someone was now her worst enemy. The other day, one of Griffin's friends from the basketball team overheard Harper and her friends talking about her crush that she's apparently had a huge crush on someone on the basketball team. What Colton didn't know when he told Griffin, was that it was on the very person he told. 

Griffin of course liked Harper too, but he decided to find out who this boy was that she was so interested in, and then go from there. He had bugged her all week about it, but she still wouldn't budge. She would say things like; 

"There's only 12 people on your team, it shouldn't be hard to take a wild guess." 
"Griffin, out of all people, I can't tell you, you know people on the b-ball team!" 
"Dude, its embarrassing, I can't say!" 

Griffin slid up next to Harper in the hallways on the way to chem class. Harper looked at the smirk on his face and sighed. 

"Who do you like?" Griffin asked yet again. It was only third period, and this was the tenth time she'd heard it TODAY. 

"You really don't give up, do you?" Harper chuckled with a playful eye roll. 

"Nope. Get used to it until you tell me." Griffin tried to convince. 

"Nope." Harper said, walking ahead of him. He sighed and smiled as he reluctantly followed. 

"Harper, come on. We're best friends, I thought we told each other everything." Griffin begged. 

"Okay, who do you like?" Harper fired back. 

"Th-that's not important." Griffin stuttered out. "Plus, I asked you first. Like a long time ago." 

"No, Griffin." Harper stated bluntly. Griffin sighed as the two walked into chemistry class together. 

The topic was dropped for the time being as they moved on to subjects such as the periodic table of elements and shapes of molecules. 

************

Later that day at lunch, Griffin and Harper were sitting at their special table in the  corner of the lunchroom. 

Minutes later, Griffin's friend Luke came over and leaned on the table. 

"Sup, Harper, can I steal Griff for just a minute?" He asked, flirtatious smile evident on his face. Harper nodded with a smile as Griffin glared at the boy, reluctantly following. 

They stood by the bathrooms and Luke turned towards him. 

"You like Harper, dude. Make her yours." Luke suggested. Griffin's eyes went wide. 

"Woah there, buddy, we're moving a little fast here, don't you think? Listen, man, I don't think she likes me more than a friend." Griffin said sadly, sending a downtrodden glance over at Harper were was sketching in her journal. 

"You don't know that for sure though, bro." Luke offered once more. 

"She won't tell me who her crush is." Griffin sighed. 

"It's probably you, you know, being her boy best friend and all that jazz. Girls tend to fall for their close guy friends." Luke said wisely. 

"And you know that how?" Griffin asked, eyebrow raised.