Porch Talks

A short little oneshot about what would've happened if Griffin and Harper actually had kissed that night on the porch.

Harper's POV

We had done it! After all this hard work, Griffin and I had finally freed Grace with the help of Zoey, Wyatt, and Topher! Zoey and Wyatt had just gone inside, while Griffin and I sat down, Topher leaning on the nearest post. 

"Heading home Harper?" He asked. 

"I'll catch up Toph." I stated. He saluted and walked off, grabbing his bike and riding off into the woods. 

Griffin and I sat in silence for a few moments until I decided to break the awkwardness. Apparently, Griffin had the same idea. 

"So..." I began, the same time Griffin started saying; "I um..." 

I chuckled. 

"You can go first." I stated with a smile. 

"If it isn't obvious, I missed you while you were gone. Like, a lot." Griffin stated. 

I looked over at him, locking my brown eyes with his. I could get lost in his beautiful eyes. I smiled as I realized the hint of a blush, growing on his face. 

"I missed you too." I stated. 

Griffin's POV

Now or never. That was my choice. 

Today has been the best day ever. I got my best friend/crush back from being stuck in the past, she is now moving into the Tremont with my family, I freed the ghost of the Tremont, and I was about to do something that could make, or break, my friendship with Harper. I had to do it. 

I had to make my move. 

I began to lean in and realized that she was leaning in as well. I was about to chicken out, to pull away, when suddenly, I felt Harper's warm lips brush against mine. My heart could've literally pounded out of my chest at that very moment. I felt that they could hear my heartbeat from New Jersey! 

We broke apart after 7 seconds of heaven. (cringing at my writing rn) I blushed, and got flustered as I looked down. I glanced over at Harper to see her smiling, yet looking down. We sat in silence for about 3 minutes. Harper then looked over at me. 

"Griffin, I love you. I have since the day we met. You're cute, sweet, funny, and kindhearted. You're the type of person I want to spend my life with. I love you." Harper said, looking me in the eyes. I could feel my cheeks get red as I swallowed hard. 

"I love you too Harper. Locker ninja." I said, smiling, lightening the mood. 

Harper then leaned in again, and I felt our lips connect once more. This time, the kiss was more relaxed and longer. We broke apart after a minute. 

I could've sworn I felt someone watching us. 

We turned towards the window, and there was my little sister Zoey, smiling uncontrollably, urging us on before slowly disappearing behind the curtains. 

Harper and I laughed it off. 

I had the idea to do this and it turned out really cute! I will not be updating this book as frequently as I do my other books, but this will be nice! Love ya'll! Stay Tuned! (Love, Kelia) !!! :D <3