Horror with Harffin

In honor of the beginning of spooky season, here's this cute little oneshot based off of two of my favorite things in this very world! HORROR MOVIES AND HARFFIN! 

**********

14 year old Harper Dunn stood back to admire her handiwork. She looked at her living room. The couch was filled with blankets and pillows and even her old teddy bear. The coffee table had popcorn, candy, and two steaming mugs of hot chocolate. 

She was now waiting for her best friend, Griffin Campbell, to arrive. She had the new nun movie ready on the television. A minute later, a knock was heard at the door. She took a deep breath and remembered her plan. 

"You are going to confess to him today. You HAVE to." Harper told herself. She had truly liked him since they first met, and she was finally ready to tell him today. Everyone around her said they were meant to be, destiny. But Harper needed to know if he truly liked her back. And today was the day she was going to find out. 

She opened the door. Griffin looked adorable in his ripped jeans and purple flannel. His sandy blonde hair was a little messy and Harper never thought she would think this about her best friend, but he looked FINE. 

"Hey, Griff!" Harper exclaimed. 

"Hey, Harp." Griffin responded, hugging her. Once they let go, Harper ushered him into the living room. 

"Took you long enough to get here." Harper joked. 

"Louisiana traffic, dude, its either no cars at all, or the whole flippin car dealership." Griffin protested. 

"Yeah, yeah. I don't wanna hear your excuses. I know you were psyching yourself up in the car to watch this movie." Harper teased. 

"I'm not scared." Griffin lied. 

"Oh yeah? Why else would you spend an hour trying to get me to pick something else? Not scared, huh?" Harper asked, smile and giggle lively. Griffin chuckled. "Well, while you were hyperventilating outside, I got everything set up." 

"Looks great in here, locker ninja." Griffin complimented. 

"I even brought a teddy out for wen you get scawed." Harper teased, with a pout and baby voice. 

"The only one who'll need Mr. Fluffs, is going to be you." Griffin shot back, playful smirk on his face. 

"We'll see." Harper warned. She then turned the lights out and sat next to Griffin on the couch. 

**********

It was only five minutes into the movie when the first jumpscare occured. They both jumped but for different reasons. 

"Ahh!" Harper exclaimed, covering her eyes and grabbing the closest thing to her....which happened to be Griffin's arm. 

"Ow!" Griffin jumped as Harper's nails dug into his arm. 

"Sorry, Griff!" Harper exclaimed, rubbing his arm where her nail marks dug into his skin. He blushed as she stroked his arm. 

***********

The next big jumpscare didn't affect Harper as she was laughing about how stupid the main character was. Griffin on the other hand let out a scared squeak and closed his eyes. 

"Not scared, huh?" Harper teased. 

"Of course not." Griffin played off, regaining composure. Harper playfully rolled her eyes. 

***********

As the movie went on, it suddenly wasn't scary anymore to either of them. But Harper had an idea. She would pretend to still be scared and that's how she'd confess to Griffin. It was genius! So she put her plan into action. 

The next jumpscare, Harper gasped and hid her face. Griffin looked over with a smirk. 

"I thought it wasn't scary anymore?" Griffin asked teasingly. 

"Okay.....so maybe I'm a little scared....." Harper lied. Luckily, Griffin bought it. He smiled. 

"You're alright, Harp, its just a movie." Griffin comforted sweetly, his perfect white smile brightly shining. 

"Can I maybe scoot closer to you? So, you know, I'm not so scared." Harper played off. Griffin shrugged. 

"Sure, Harper." Griffin said, not really paying attention, but watching the ticking clock on the screen. She scooted next to him, their thighs touching. Griffin's gaze didn't leave the screen, but Harper noticed his cheeks turn bright pink. 

The next jumpscare she grabbed his hand, playing scared. Griffin didn't look away from the TV, just squeezing her hand and patting it, calming her down without saying anything. Well, that clearly didn't work. She was going to have to be more obvious. 

The next jumpscare was actually terrifying and Harper AND Griffin both screamed, Harper grabbing onto Griffin's thigh, Griffin hiding his face in Harper's shoulder, clicking pause on the TV screen. 

"Why'd you pause?" Harper asked. 

"I'm done, that was scary." Griffin lied. Harper raised an eyebrow. 

"Why'd you really pause it?" Harper asked. 

"What's going on, Harper?" Griffin asked, confusedly turning red. 

"What do you mean?" Harper asked, clearly confused. 

"You think I don't notice what your doing? Scooting closer to me, grabbing my hand, grabbing my leg? Why are you being all flirty all of a sudden?" Griffin blurted out, seemingly....ANNOYED?! 

"I-I'm not..." Harper trailed off. 

"Harper, I already know you like me. I like you too! I just didn't know how to say it. You always flirt, you just don't realize it. But normally, it makes me like you even more, but today? I'm a little uncomfortable." Griffin admits. 

"You like me too?" Harper asked. 

"Usually. I guess what I liked most about you is that you're not like the other girls in our grade. You like me for me, and don't want me just for....you know." Griffin hinted with an eyebrow raise. 

"Griffin, I don't want you for anything like that. I want you for you. You're cute, funny, smart, and my best friend of all time. I'm so sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable. I just thought that's how I could get you to notice me." Harper apologized. 

"If I was in a room with every girl in the world, Harper, I would only notice you. You're beautiful, smart, talented, and I love you so much. You mean the world to me." Griffin confessed. 

"You mean the world to me too, Griffin." Harper admitted, tearing up. 

"What's wrong?" Griffin asked, worried he upset her. 

""Nothing. I love you, Griffin Campbell." Harper confessed, smiling through her happy tears. 

"I love you too, Harper Marie Dunn." Griffin repeated. 

They kissed and spent the rest of the night watching a movie (A LOT LESS SCARY ONE) cuddling on the couch. 

sorry its been a little while! this one's for a friend of mine who would like to remain anonymous! hope you all enjoyed! <3