Problem Solved

Thank you all for 36k reads! Enjoy! TRIGGER WARNING: MAJOR CHARACTER DEATH 

"We can't do this. Couldn't it mess up the time line or something?" Older Wyatt tried. It was the year of 2025 and it had been a rough couple of years for everyone. Griffin had died. In a car accident. Griffin had been rushed to the nearest hospital only to die three hours later. 

"I'll do anything to get Griffin back." Harper stated bluntly. 

"I agree, I miss Griffin so much, Harp, but you don't understand. Wyatt's right, and though I never thought I'd say that sentence, its too dangerous. We could get killed, or stuck in the past." Zoey reasoned. 

"You guys don't have to go, but I think its worth the risk. I loved him. And I never got to tell him that I loved him. You just don't understand how hard it is. I was with him, in the hospital, he died in my arms, and I still didn't tell him how I felt! I need him back." Harper explained, tears pricking her eyes. 

"I understand sis, but you're gonna get yourself killed! He knew you loved him, trust me." Topher tried, knowing that it wouldn't do any good. Once Harper made up her mind, there was no stopping her.

"I'm going to 2020, I'm warning me and Griffin about what's gonna happen, and I will change the past." Harper said, not giving up. 

"But we already learned that we can't change the past!" Wyatt defused. 

"But its worth a shot." Harper said. "I don't care if you all come with me or not, but I'm going." 

*************

A few hours later, the twins and Topher backed out and Harper was now in 2020. She wandered to the Tremont and snuck upstairs into Griffin's room. She peeked through the doorway and watched as her younger self laughed as she watched Griffin angrily yell at a video game. She walked in and knocked lightly on the door frame, gaining her younger selves attention. 

"Yes, mom?" Griffin asked, not taking his attention away from the game. 

"That's not your mom." Young Harper said shockingly. Griffin raised an eyebrow in confusion and paused the game, looking up in surprise. 

"Guys, this may seem crazy, but I'm here from the year of 2025. Griffin, you die, today. You can't go to that party that Colby's about to invite you to." Harper stated determinedly. With that, Griffin's phone buzzed and he checked the text. 

Colbs 

C: Yo dude, party at my place tonight. You in? 

G: Sorry bro, can't! Maybe next time

"Spot on. I just told him I couldn't go tonight." Griffin explained. Both Harper's breathed a sigh of relief. 

"May I ask what would've happened if Griffin had gone to that party?" Young Harper asked nervously. Older Harper sighed and regaled them with the sad tale of that night. 

***********

Colbs 

C: Yo dude, party at my place tonight. You in?? 

G: For sure, man! What time? 

C: Be here at 7. It'll be a night to remember!

Griffin put his phone away and looked at Harper, his best friend, who was seated Indian style on his bed. 

"I'm going to a party at Colby's house at 7 tonight." Griffin told her. 

"Sounds good!" Harper exclaimed with a smile. 

A few hours later, Griffin was at the party and there was snacks, movies, games, and more. He had a blast, but some of the kids decided to get wild and broke out a few cases of Colby's fathers beer. A few more hours later, the whiskey was out. Anyways, lets just say, a majority of the teens were shitfaced drunk. 

Around midnight, Griffin asked Colby's older brother for a ride home. He said he had to clean this place up before his parents got home and that Griffin could get a ride with Spencer who was 16. He got in the car and buckled up before noticing that Spencer was drunk. At first they were just going a little over the speed limit, and it made Griffin nervous, but things were okay. 

A few minutes later, about two minutes from the Tremont, a deer ran into the road. Spencer quickly dodged it and he was already going 10 miles over the speed limit, so they crashed into a guard rail, the car flying over the hill. They rolled and all of a sudden, Griffin's world went dark. 

He woke up in the hospital with his mother, father, and Harper right by his bedside. He tried to get up but tears immediately stung his eyes as pain sprung throughout his body. 

"What happened?" Griffin asked, with a whimper. 

"We were hoping you could answer that for us. Spencer Bellmott was driving the car you were in. Do you know him?" A woman that Griffin recognized as the chief of police of Sulphur Springs asked, holding a small notepad. 

"Yeah, he's a friend from school, why?" Griffin asked worriedly. Sarah rubbed circles on the back of her sons hand. 

"We tested his levels, and he was drunk off his rocker. Where were you kids, that you were drinking under age?" The woman asked. 

"I wasn't drinking under age, but I don't wanna get Spencer in trouble!" Griffin cried. Sarah kissed his forehead. 

"No one's gonna get in trouble, kiddo." Ben assured his restless son. 

"Well, Spencer will be charged for reckless endangerment of himself and others. You could've been killed, Griffin. You're lucky. Now, son, where were you kids?" The chief of police asked once more. 

"At a party at Colby Wright's house." Griffin gave in. 

"Thank you, son. Now feel better. Mr. and Mrs. Campbell, may I speak to you in the hall a moment?" The woman asked. Sarah and Ben nodded and followed the woman out of the room. Harper took this opportunity and moved her position over next to her best friend. They chatted for a few minutes when all of a sudden, Griffin's monitors began blinking and beeping rapidly. 

"Griffin?" Harper asked worriedly. Griffin felt his breathing start to slow and he clamped his eyes shut in pain. 

"I love you, Harper." He mumbled. 

"Griffin, no!" Harper exclaimed. She took the boy's limp body in her arms and held him gently. He squeezed her hand one last time before taking his final breath. 

Harper sobbed and sobbed. 

*************

"So yeah, that's what would've happened if you would've gone to that party. Hopefully, we fixed everything and things can go back to normal. I'll head back to 2025 now and make sure everything's running smoothly. Oh and younger me, tell him you love before its too late." Future Harper explained. She smiled brightly as she watched young Harper blush like crazy as Griffin smirked. 

**********

She arrived back in 2025 and walked upstairs, looking around for Griffin. There was no sign of him anywhere. She cried as she walked up to her room, wondering what went wrong. As she flopped on her bed, a knock was heard at her door. 

"I'm fine, mom, but please, go away." Harper begged. 

"It's me, babe." A voice she definitely knew spoke up. Harper shot up and found herself face to face with Griffin. She ran over to him and threw herself into his arms. They broke apart and he kissed her. 

"I love you!" Harper exclaimed happily, hugging him tightly. 

"Love you too, locker ninja." Griffin muttered happily into Harper's neck.