Caught in the Act (harper)

TW: please seek help if you are feeling like this. suicide hotline is 988

Harper felt like nothing mattered anymore. Griffin, that's all she had left. 

Her mom, Topher, they were gone. She was living with the Campbells and she felt like only Griffin cared. 

It was time. She was about to do it, the one that ended it all when suddenly Griffin burst into the room. 

"Hey babe, I was wondering if you wanted to-" He was cut off by Harper, in tears, holding a knife near her wrists. 

He slowly approached her. 

"Harp, hey, give it to me." He said, doing everything in his power to sound calm. 

She shook her head as she cried. 

"Please, please. Give it to me." Griffin pleaded. 

She cried and still refused to hand him the knife. 

"I'm not mad. Or disappointed. A lot is going through my head, but I'm more concerned about whats running though yours. So please, give it to me." He pleaded. 

She blankly stared at him. 

"Let me, help you. And you hear me out. Give it. To me." Griffin asked. 

Harper reached out slowly and handed him the knife. He gratefully took it, happy that it was out of her possession. 

"Thank you baby." Griffin said. He set the knife down on the desk. He then walked back over to the bed and sat down next to a shaking and crying Harper. 

Griffin knew that if he cried, it would make Harper even more upset so he took a deep breath before attempting to speak. 

"D-do you w-wanna t-talk about anything?" He asked stuttering, struggling to hold the tears. 

Harper violently shook her head. 

"Okay, okay. It's okay. You d-don't h-have to." Griffin stated. Griffin slightly moved closer to her. He went to go wrap his arm around her and she flinched away. 

"It's okay baby. It's me, it's  Griffin. You're okay, I'm not gonna hurt you." He asked. He tried once again to wrap his arm around her and this time she let him. He rubbed her arm and took another deep breath. 

"Can I see your arm? I'm not gonna be mad. I'm not gonna yell. I understand that you're afraid. It's me Harp, it's me. I'm not gonna hurt you. It's me. I just wanna wrap your arm up. Let me know if it's too tight." Griffin said. "Wait here. Please." 

Griffin stood up and took the knife with him just in case. He quickly went to the bathroom and grabbed the First Aid kit. Then he went back to the room, setting the knife back down. 

"It might hurt a little. I'm sorry." He apologized. 

He wrapped her arm and couldn't help crying. 

Harper reached up with the other arm and wiped his tears. 

"Hey, don't you turn this around. I'm fine. Don't worry about me." Griffin said. 

He finished wrapping her arm and set the First Aid kit on the desk next to the knife. 

He then walked over to the bed and sat next to her. 

"I just wanna talk." He said. 

She nodded slightly. 

"I love you very much. You mean everything to me, so please, don't go." He pleaded breaking into tears. "If you don't wanna tell me anything, then I respect that and I'm not gonna force you. I get it, I understand. But I want to know where you're at. Just so I know how to help you. I promise you this isn't going to end badly. This is a safe space, I'm here to protect you. I'm here to love you. I'm not gonna lie, walking in on you, my locker ninja, my everything, hurting herself like that really hurts. It hurts knowing that the only pain you're truly feeling is caused by yourself. It hurts a lot. I wanna know, I wanna understand what you're going through. So I can help. Please baby. I'm sorry baby. I'm so sorry." Griffin said sniffling. 

 He paused. 

"And the floor is yours." He offered. 

They talked for awhile and soon enough Harper felt semi better. 

"I love you Griffin." Harper said. 

"I love you too Harper." He said, voice breaking. 

They kissed.