Fumiko's Memories PT. 1

Wasting no more time, Mikoto dived back into the memory core followed by Hiroyuki and his father this time. Mizuki stayed behind though he protested saying it was best Tohru stayed with him but Tohru refused because he wanted to help save his wife. After a few minutes of convincing, Mizuki finally gave it, begging them to be safe.

Once Mikoto used his powers, Tohru was awestruck by the bluish surge of energy rushing through him.

Tohru: Whoa...I've never thought I end up seeing you use your powers up close.

Mikoto: Yeah. This is one of my quirks known as Engage.

Tohru: So you do had more than one quirk. Your mother told me some info about it. But this is amazing.

Mikoto: Jealous~?

Tohru:......If you're starting something, you're asking for a whooping~! :D

Mikoto: Joking! Joking! :0

Hiroyuki: Arf!

Hiroyuki barked as they landed inside the memory core before he begin letting out a howl to which opens up a pathway.

Mikoto: Whoo! Once again, thanks Hiroyuki

Hiroyuki: Bark! Bark!

Tohru: Yeah! Good boy!

Hiroyuki wagged his tail at the praise.

Mikoto: Does Hiroyuki really have a quirk?

Tohru: You be surprised at what this little dog can actually do. Okay...This is your Mom's memory core?

Mikoto: Yeah...we might see some personal memories...we probably shouldn't be seeing.

Tohru: I see...but...if it gets us close to her. I'm more than willing to know more about my wife.

Mikoto raised an eyebrow before looking at his father confused.

Mikoto: She never told you about her childhood?

Tohru: She told me some things but too much information. Everytime I pry, she says she doesn't want to talk about it so I let it go.

Mikoto: Okay.

Both father and son walked down the pathway. At the beginning as their own eyes had beseeched them.

There was an ice castle in front of them. Along with snow sprinkling down to the ground. Strangest thing was, it didn't felt cold.

Tohru: Whoa...

Mikoto: Your memory core was a lot different from Mom.

Tohru: What was mine like?

Mikoto: Vacant...and a bit empty for a dome.

Tohru: Oh....Guess I'm not all that interesting huh.

Mikoto: Actually. To me, you're pretty cool.

Tohru wasn't sure if Mikoto was just trying to cheer him up or if he actually meant it. But it did brought the older male feel very warm and fuzzy inside.

Mikoto: Look!

Tohru noticed an strange fragment nearby before it transformed into a crystalized form of a little girl.

Tohru: Is that...Fumiko?

Then they heard a voice.

"Sister! Sister!"

"Ah...Fumiko-chan"

Mikoto: Those voices...they must be Mom and Auntie Rei.

Tohru: Let's hear what they have to say. This must be a reflection of their childhood.