Tsume and Niko...

Niko Nikomatsu with a frenzied menacing demonic grin. Both of his eyes were darken with hatred and evil.

Mikoto didn't understand...

There...were two of them now...?

What the hell is going on?!!!

Niko: Nighty Night...Miko-chan~!

Mikoto: (No...I've....failed....?)

He fell the ground and his body went limp. The last thing he heard was Sylvia and Haru's screams of anguish, calling his name.

Haru: NOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Sylvia: MIKOTO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Niko:NYAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

....

Sylvia: No...No....This can't be...No...

Mikoto...was dead?

If this is a dream, Sylvia wanted to wake up from it. She didn't care if she was denying the facts or making excuses.

She didn't want to accept this.

She didn't want to accept what could be a future for them.

But it didn't matter now...all of this...

This is not a dream, not a rehearsal, not some try-out stage before they begin their real lives as heroes, not just one incarnation in an infinite chain of incarnations.

Everything around her— the brainwashed people, the destroyed cities, the broken mountains and rivers and the body of her best friend, and her herself — it’s all real.

Sylvia: No...No...No! No! No! NOOOOOO!!!

Haru: M-Mikoto! MIKOTO! WAKE UP! PLEASE WAKE UP!

It looks like Haru couldn't accept this reality either. Even if someone were to tell him to suck it up and deal with it. In the end, it wouldn't matter.

Mikoto...was DEAD.

GONE.

NEVER COMING BACK!

Life...was so cruel...

Niko: Awwww...Such a shame! He showed so much promising ideals. It's such a waste MIKOCHAN will no longer be around anymore, huh?

Sylvia: Y-You...!

Her pain and sadness did not go away...but it did get consumed into rage.

Rage projecting into hatred for one evil boy that took her beloved away from her!

Hate on the boy who killed the only boy who accepted her for who she is.

Sylvia: I'LL KILL YOU!!!!

She charged at Niko, however, due to being exhausted from the last battle, Niko easily grabbed by head using the shadow claw and strikes her down to the ground.

*BASH*

Luckily, thanks to her demon genes, Sylvia was still in one piece. If not, her face would've been more than just a bleeding mess she is now.

Sylvia: I'LL KILL YOU! I'LL KILL YOU! I'LL KILL YOU!

Niko: Oh? Do you hate me~? I love that vibe people give off to me~! But it's soooooo great!

*BASH*

He slams her head into the ground once more and stomps in it brutally.

Sylvia: *Weakly*...I'll kill you...I'll kill you...