Hero Interview

Plot: The Start of the Hero Interview Training Arc.

Somewhere in the middle of Japan stood a Catholic Church as Niko Nikomatsu walked on over to the entrance but stay a few spaces away.

Niko: Funny...It's been awhile since I've been here...

After all, he was raised in this church...forced to live in this godforsaken.

If there really is a God. Niko had no faith in him anymore.

The memories he had in this church.

Niko: Ahhh....I HATE IT.

Ever since he was young. He hated being here. He once heard the Catholic Church in Japan is part of the worldwide Catholic Church, under the spiritual leadership of the pope in Rome...

Niko: It's funny...because isn't Christianity banned here in Japan.

Jesuits brought Christianity to Japan in 1549, but it was banned in 1614.  When Japan's ban on Christianity was lifted in 1873, some Hidden Christians joined the Catholic Church; others opted to maintain what they saw as the true faith of their ancestors.

Niko: But they still had it ongoing for those who had lies to confess...

He puts on a sneer.

Niko: Fuck it. I'll worry about it someday.

The lies that was spread through him. The accused sins brought down upon him. His parents believing every little thing the church said about him and they just...gave him up.

The taunts...

The jeers...

The stares...

The whispers behind his back...

They'll never go away.

Sad isn't it...how people like him would just want to escape from reality such as this. But they can't.

This place had stolen not only his sanity and dignity...

But his innocence as well...

All this happend because of his quirk?

He hate it...

He HATE IT!!!

Niko: Heh heh heh~! Whoops. Enough about the past. Can't have secrets spurring out just yet. Let's start the beginning of the New Year...With some fireworks~!

He snapped his fingers and...

*KABOOM*

The church was set on fire. It didn't even last a minute as everything combusted in a wall of flames.

Multiple fireballs came out heading for the sky before falling down everywhere.

He then heard screams.

Screams of people crying...

Screams of begging for God.

Screams for salvation.

Screams for help as flesh and skin BURN to a crisp.

Too bad...because God won't save them. He has written their fates. Their sins can't be ERASED.

Niko watched the whole scenario as the church burned to the ground. He did nothing but smile.

His smile was haunting. After all, this was only just the beginning of a new era.