Chapter 7

It's been two weeks since I've been in the hospital, I've been healing better. Besides my breakdowns, everything haves been great. I'm tired of being taking care of. I can't walk anymore so I have to get help in a wheelchair.

I just wish I was normal.

"You've seemed happy today?" Sam chuckles as I giggled with a smile.

"Well I could go home today so yes I'm am!" I said with a giggle as he brushes my hair out of my face.

"Don't get your hype hope's up!" Jake said and I frown a little as Tara punched him in the arm.

"What was that for!" Jake yelped as Tara rolled her eyes.

"For saying that!! Don't break him down!" Tara said angrily as Jake's eyes winded.

"Oops..sorry Colby." Jake apologized as I smile.

"It's okay," I whispered as Sam grabbed my hand, rubbing it slightly.

I chewed my lip as I thought about home and I miss home more, I also miss my dogs.

I know my parents took care of them while I was here but I know they miss me more than I miss them, and probably knowing when I do go home they can't jump on me and be their hyper self's if they were around me.

I shook my head and look at Sam as he talked to my parents about something. I bit my lip as he smiled, his smile always put butterflies in my stomach.

I still can't believe he was here by my side through everything.

Claire came in with a frown as everyone in the room became quiet.

"Do I get to go home?" I said quietly and fiddle with my hands as she checked my vitals.

"I don't think..... you'll gonna be this happy.... you're gonna go home today!" She grinned as a huge smile Bloomed on my face.

"Yay!" I said with a giggle and looked at Jake.

"See Jake told you so!" I said with a laugh as Jake rolled his eyes playfully.

"Yeah yeah.." Jake grumbled and pouted like a baby as Tara laughed.

I couldn't help but feel happy, I haven't been this happy for a while.

I couldn't wait to go home.

My parents signed my papers to get out of the hospital while Sam helps me get dressed and the others left to go home, I chewed my lip as I took my shirt off in front of Sam.

I always take my shirt off in front of Sam before, but now it feels different. I feel insecure now. I covered my body with my arms as Sam went to grab my favorite hoodie that is his.

"Baby, why are you covering yourself?" Sam ask and handed me the hoodie.

"I-I.." I sigh shakily as Sam crouch down in front of me.

"What is it, baby?" He whispered and wiped a tear away from my face.

"I...I feel insecure." I whispered as he moved the pieces of hair that were in my face.

"Oh baby...don't be.. you're perfect the way you're.. everything thing about you is.." He said then kissed me.

"Stunning...perfect... everything.. about..you...is beautiful.." he says between kisses.

"T-thanks.." I whispered as I felt myself blush.

"Don't need to thank me...now put your shirt on." He said with a laugh and I giggled.

I put my shirt on as My parents and Claire came in.

"Ready to go home?!" My mom said as I giggled and nodded with a smile.

Sam and Claire help me get out of the bed and to the wheelchair. One thing I hate about being paralyzed you can't honestly feel your legs. My legs fell asleep. Like if someone pokes my legs I can't feel it.

I hated that feeling, It makes me cringe.

They wheeled me down the hall to outside and we made it to my parent's car. Sam helped me to sit in the car.

"I'm gonna miss you, Colby," Claire said and hugs me.

"I'm gonna miss you too," I said with a smile as we pulled away.

I and Claire have gotten close since she took care of me for a while.

When then said our goodbyes and started heading home, while we were passing the cars. I felt the nerves kicking in As I felt my heart clench in my chest.

"It's alright Colby..shh...shh," Sam cooed and grabbed my hand as I closed my eyes.

A memory of the day of the crash played in my head and I whimpered.

"Want me to stop the car?" I hear my dad ask as Sam tries to comfort me and he shook his head no.

"I-I'm sorry," I whispered as I fully calmed down as we stopped at a red light.

"Don't apologize...we understand," Sam said and rubbed my arm comfortably.

I took a shaky breath as the red light turn green, I was kinda surprised as there was no music playing. But I understand though, even though listing to music is calming but I don't think when you are coming back from an accident it won't be calming.

Maybe about 10 more minutes past we were already home, I smiled as I looked at the house.

Already being happy for being home.

But I have already noticed a change at the house. There is a railing thing for me to get to in my house easier.

My parents got out of the car to get my wheelchair already as Sam open the side door for me.

"Ready baby?" Sam asks with a smile as I nodded and he helps me out of the car and in my wheelchair.

"Oh shoot the dogs." My mom said and ran to the house to get a hold of them as I frown.

I wanted them to attack me (the good way) give me dog kisses and such, but knowing my parents probably won't let them.

When we got into the house, my mom was already holding both of them as they fought to try to run to me.

"Mom, I think it's fine?" I said with a chuckle as Koki and Foxxy still struggle out of her grasp as Koki wiggled her butt and Foxxy's tail wagged like 9 miles per hour or something.

She thought about it for a second but let go as they ran to me but slowly at the same time, still wagging their tales.

"Hi.." I cooed as they both gently licked my hands as I pet them.

I picked up Koki and she started licking my face, I chuckled as Sam wheeled me into the living room.

When I got settled in, I was on the couch with Sam, on top of him so I was cuddling him.

"I'm glad to be home," I mumble as his fingers slowly scratch my head.

"Me too," Sam whispered almost to himself.

I giggled as Koki jumped on the couch and cuddled into Sam as I slowly pet her.

I was just so glad to be back home.

A/n:  hope you guys like it, I got some ideas for this book so be ready!😘

Comment, Vote ❤️