Chapter 6

I don't know what's going on?

What just happen?

I'm in this darkness I was in before but I saw a light.

Two lights?

What does that mean?

"Choose..." I hear someone whispered.

I saw no one, I guess I have to choose? But what if I choose the wrong one? Do I die?

I walk to the one I felt my gut pulling me to, so I chose the first one.

A flash filled everywhere before I heard beeping in my ears.

A light shines through my eyes as I let a quiet whimper as I felt a breathing tube in my mouth.

"He's awake....shh...shh..it's okay." I heard Sam cooed as tears brimmed in my eyes and pain-filled in my chest and my head pounded.

What happened?

"He's awake!" I heard Claire sayas she came running in and came to my aid.

I looked at Sam confused as Claire check my vitals and fluids, my breathing picked up as my lungs started to hurt and my chest felt like caving in.

"Colby it's okay breath," Claire says as I was trying to calm down but felt light-headed, probably from the lack of oxygen I was getting.

The beeping started to beep frantically, as Claire press the call button again.

"Baby breath," Sam said as he looked at me with a scared expression.

He was scared whatever just happen will happen again.

He is also scared to lose me.

I have finally gotten my breathing down when Claire and the other nurses helped me, I closed my eyes as the pain In my chest was still there.

So basically what happened when I was asleep, My heart stopped. They still don't why though but they think it was probably from the accident.

"Baby opens your eyes," Sam whispered as I only could be hum due to the tube in my mouth and tears fell on my cheeks.

Since the nurses didn't want anything else to happen to me, they still had the tube in my mouth.

The pain was too painful.

"C'mon Colby you can do it." I hear my mom cooed as Sam grabbed my hand.

I open my eyes slightly as I look at Sam with tears in my eyes.

"There are those eyes." He whispered with a smile and put his hand on my cheek so he could rub it gently.

"You're so strong baby.. they're gonna take the tube out in 20 minutes." He said as I felt my heart shattered.

I didn't like this tube in my mouth.

"Hmh" I hummed as more tears felled down my cheeks.

"I know baby it's okay.. you're being so strong...are you hungry.. your parents are going out to get us food, want some?" He askes as I close my eyes again.

"Hmh." I hummed as a yes.

"Okay..you want McDonald's?" He asks as I slightly shook my head no, kinda regretting moving my head due to the pain it gave me.

"Oh hmm...Taco Bell?" He asks and I hummed as he chuckled.

"Taco bell it is!" He said with a chuckle.

My parents then left leaving Me, Sam, and our friends alone.

"Colby you doing okay?" Katrina asked as I hummed and my eyes were still closed.

"Are you sure?" Kat asked nervously.

Katrina is my best friend, she is always this caring.

"He's doing fine kat..he's just in pain," Sam whispered as I felt him moved a piece of hair on my face.

"Hmm." I hummed and open my eyes slightly, everyone was crowded around the bed looking at me.

They're here to support me.

I honestly didn't deserve any of them.

"Wanna watch some TV baby?" Sam said as he grabbed my hand and I hummed in response.

Elton then put something on the TV, it was some type of show that your parents would watch. To be honest I liked it though.

Maybe 10 minutes later Claire came back with one another nurse with smiles on their faces.

"Alright, I think it's time to take the tube out," Claire says as she checks my vitals.

"Hmm." I hummed as Sam rubbed his thumb on my hand.

They then took the tube out of my mouth, surprisedly I didn't have trouble breathing as last time.

"Alright..press the button If you guys need anything," Claire says with a smile before leaving with the other nurse.

"Better baby?" He says with a smile and moved the hair that was in my face.

"B-better," I whispered and close my eyes as my parents came back with food.

We all then ate, Sam had to feed me my food. Since I was still a little weak. Sam didn't mind feeding me though. I just didn't like to be Bother and seem like a baby.

They somehow didn't even seem to care anyway. I just hope whatever happens nothing will ruin our friendships.

"Go to sleep baby," Sam whispered as everyone beside him and my parents left, to go sleep in the waiting room.

I chewed my lip as I thought if I'd sleep again the same thing will happen again.

My heart stopping while I'm asleep.

Claire said it might happen again but they're not sure yet.  I'm hoping it doesn't happen.

"Don't worry baby..worrying about it will make it worse." He said as I nodded.

"Okay," I whispered as he put a blanket on me and kissed my forehead.

My parents said goodnight to me and left to go sleep on the couch that they would share.

"Goodnight baby," Sam whispered and sat on the chair next to me.

"Goodnight.." I mumble and let the darkness overcame me.

Besides me almost dying again, I guess the recovery is Worth it.

A/n: enjoy my lovelys.

Comment, Vote