Chapter 85

Sam's POV

"How is he doing?" I asked the nurse standing up from the chair.

"He's awake now, he's doing good, and the baby is doing good also." She said as I sigh in relief feeling my chest loosen.

"Can I please see him?" I begged as kat put her hand on my shoulder to give me comfort.

"No, you can't see him just yet. Sorry, Sam." She said as I felt my heart twist in my chest, and I slowly nodded.

I haven't seen Colby since the crash.

I miss him so f*cking much, I have never been without him this long.

I wasn't as injured as him, only twisted my wrist and a few bruises and cuts that are on my body.

"I have to go; I'll keep you updated." She said before leaving and I sigh biting my lip.

"He'll be fine Sam, I just know it," Kat said as I sat back down.

"I know, it's j-just..." I trailed off with a shaky sigh.

"I... I want to be there for him." I mumbled picking at the cast that was wrapped around my wrist.

"I know...we just had to wait." She said quietly as Chase put his hand on her thigh.

Chase and her are dating, he's a nice guy.

"How long do you think Colby is going to stay here?" Kat asked as I grabbed my phone checking if I had any messages from any of my friends or family.

"Probably for a while...the nurse did say that he was pretty injured, and he is pregnant," Chase said and I sigh knowing he is right.

But why Colby, why does he have to go through this.

He deserves to be happy but not in pain.

We stayed in silence for a while until Kat broke it.

"I'm hungry, I'm going to go to Mcdonalds. you boys want anything?" Kat asked sitting up.

"Sure, my usual," Chase said and she nodded with a smile before looking at me.

"Want anything Sam?" she asked as I shook my head while putting my phone away.

"Sam, you need to eat something, haven't you eaten or even sleep these past days?" She asked with wide eyes, and I sigh.

"No... I'm not tired...or hungry." I mumbled and she scuffed.

"I'm going to get you something to eat Sam! And you better be sleeping when I'm gone or else...you'll see," she said before leaving.

I chuckled shaking my head and looked at chase.

"You better listen to her bud." He said as I playfully rolled my eyes.

"I know..." I trailed off biting my lip.

"Hey, I know you're worried about Colby. But you still need to take care of yourself." Chase said as I closed my eyes tiredly.

"I know..." I trailed off rubbing my eyes.

I know Colby was okay and the baby is doing okay but I didn't want to eat or sleep knowing I'm not there with him and knowing he is in a lot of pain.

"Colby doesn't want you like this Sam, I just meant you and I barely know Colby." He said and I sigh.

"Aye, if kat was in Colby's place and I would probably do the same." He said and I nodded knowing he is right.

"I would do anything for Colby," I mumbled, and he smiled softly at me.