Bitter Reunions: Part 4

The three vultures turned to face us as they screamed, flying away while Danny palmed his fist at the vultures.

Turning to face me Danny said, "Okay...That was almost too easy." 

"Agreed. Something's not right," I told him, nodding in agreement when we heard someone behind us. 

"Ah, bright kids." 

We turned around to see another ghost wearing a white suit, black boots, gloves, and a belt with a white cape that was red on the inside, green skin, red eyes, and his black hair sticking up like devil horns.

"Oh whatever, we were aiming for the birds but you'll do," Danny said causing the mysterious ghost to raise an eyebrow with a smirk. 

Danny went to punch him but his fist was grabbed and he was thrown into the wall. I race and help Danny up as he muttered while rubbing his head.

 "Woah fast, alright better stop fooling around." 

Danny went to punch him again but the ghost grabbed him by the neck and flung him to the ground. 

"He strong, gonna be hard to hit but just maybe..." I mutter to myself and fly towards him for a surprise attack but he turns around and uses his cape to swat me in front of him, then immediately punches me down onto the floor next to Danny. 

"My vultures were supposed to bring the big idiot and the weak life ruiner to me but you two will do. Danny Phantom and (s/n) right?" 

The ghost told us as Danny helped me up he asked him "You...You know us?" 

"Of course, I know you two," The ghost stated before flying into another room.

"I don't trust this guy, Danny," I said holding him back before he could follow the mystery ghost.

 "Me neither but he might be a threat," Danny says before a thought hits him. "Wait a minute...I'm on vacation so why are you here?" 

"My parents dragged me here for a reunion and I needed some air and went flying when my ghost sense went off and I came here." 

"Oh," Danny nodded as we finally phased through the wall to the library to find the ghost waiting for us. 

Pointing a finger at us the ghost stated, "You're the ghost boy and girl who uses their powers for good. How quaint. Aren't you gonna try and shove me into your little thermos?" 

Danny began to stutter a comeback. "I...We don't want to fight you." 

"No. No, you don't." 

The ghost shoots a pink ecto blast at us and I quickly shove Danny out of the way. This results in me getting hit and slammed into the bookshelves behind me.

"(s/n)!" Danny shouts as he flies up to make sure I'm ok before turning toward the ghost and shouting again. "Get away!" 

Danny shoots his own ecto blasts at the ghost who creates a force field, blocking his attack.

"Ha! An ectoplasmic energy blast. So year one. Tell me, children, can you do this yet?" 

He began to multiply himself and surround us as I got up and we looked at clones in astonishment.

"No, we can't. How are you doing all this?" I questioned as we backed away. 

"Years of practice, which you, unfortunately, have no time for." 

We both screech in pain as the clones shoot multiple ecto blasts at us and we fall to the floor, barely able to stand again. Danny stands in front of me to protect me after seeing me clutch the side of my rib. The ghost proceeded to pummel Danny, flinging him through a wall, and causing me to shout.

"Danny! Oh, you're gonna pay for that!" I acted recklessly with my anger and threw punches toward the ghost every which way until he grabbed me by the neck while I struggled to break free.

"You think you've won? We may not have beaten you tonight, you may have won the battle but we will win the war." I raised one of my hands at him and began to charge an ectoblast but he had already seen through my plan, pointing a prepared ectoblast at me and shooting.

I crash through the wall as well, landing next to an unconscious Danny.

Shoot! No! I can't go unconscious. I need to get Danny and me out of here!

I think as I struggle to get up, teeth gritting as I look at Danny's hurt face before my eyes start to flutter and I fall unconscious.

.

.

.

The mysterious ghost flies into the room Danny and (y/n) lay unconscious in and watch them both transform into their human forms before letting out a laugh.

"The ghost boy is Jack's son and the ghost girl is (m/n)'s daughter? Well, what do you know?" 

Landing on his feet he too transformed back into his human form: Vlad Masters.

.

.

.

 "No! Get away from her!"

I wake up with a gasp hearing Danny shouting as he fought against the blankets covering us before calming down and we both look around in confusion.

"Where are we? What happened?" We asked in unison when we heard Vlad's voice. 

"I was going to ask you the same question young man and lady." 

"I must've been worn out from the long car trip, I'll be ok in the morning. I'm sorry for the scare," Danny sheepishly apologizes with an awkward smile.

"Oh, what's a little scare between friends, children hm?"

That's when I noticed that I was in bed with Danny, causing my face to go red.

How did I end up here?! I was just fighting a ghost!

Quickly getting up I cover my face with my hand.

"(y/n) what's wrong?" Danny asks worriedly and I start stuttering.

 "I-I'm so s-sorry Danny. I don't know how I got in your bed. I m-must've gone to the bathroom and taken a wrong turn while heading back..."

When Danny realizes what I was saying his cheeks also begin to flare up and I try to leave.

"I'll head back to my room—" 

"N-No, no! You can s-stay if you want I don't mind," He stutters as well, rubbing his arm nervously, both of us unsure of how to handle this situation.

Looking between Danny and Vlad I awkwardly get back into the bed, Danny and I putting our backs to each other with heated faces.

 "Sleep tight little badgers," Vlad tells us before leaving and quietly shutting the door.

Last Edit - July 10th, 2020

Revised - June 15th, 2024