Chapter - 35 - Departure

It was 4.20 p.m. when you and Namjoon were both fully dressed and ready to leave, so you settle on the couch as Namjoon grabs his phone, sits next to you, puts his arm around your shoulder, and pulls you close.

"I'm going to notify the bodyguard that your mom is coming so he can bring her upstairs." Namjoon starts dialing a number on his phone, but you take it away from him. "Are you serious? I don't feel comfortable with him or the driver around my mom. The way they talked about her and looked at her when we were at the mall. Probably not a good idea baby."

Namjoon nods. "I didn't even think about that but you're right. Don't worry I'll go downstairs and get her myself."

"Okay, baby it's 4.25 pm you should start heading downstairs."

You get up to check your phone after hearing the notification sound and see a text from your mom.

Mom: Y/n. I'm here.

Y/n: Ok Mom. Namjoon is coming to get you.

Mom: Okay.

You re-charge your phone and inform Namjoon that Mom has arrived. "Baby mom is here."

Namjoon stands up and began heading towards the front door. "Let me go get her. I'll be right back. He opens the door and exits, closing it behind him.

Five minutes later, you hear your mom and Namjoon's voices as he opens the door and walks in with your mom. " Y/n!" Mom rushes up to you and offers you a comforting hug, and you both begin crying on each other's shoulders. Namjoon approaches and throws his arms around your and your mom's shoulders, forming a group embrace.

"Oh my God y/n you look stunning!" Your mom complimented you as she wiped her eyes and sat on the couch. You wipe your tears away and take a seat next to her.

"Thanks, Mom." "You look beautiful as always." You lean towards Mom and wrap your arms around her shoulder.

"Namjoon, I don't know how to express my gratitude for everything you've done for my daughter. Thank you for taking good care of her. She seemed to have changed. She looks healthy and so happy."

Namjoon hugs your mother before he sat next to her. " It's my pleasure, Mom. I love her with all my heart. I want to give her the whole world. She's my other half. I'm looking forward to being with her for the rest of my life."

"I'm grateful to have you as my son-in-law. I'm very happy for both of you. I hope to see my daughter again someday."

"Don't worry. You'll see her again. I'm not sure when, but I can assure you that you will." Namjoon smiles and winks at your mom as he stands up to double-check that everything is packed and nothing is left behind.

"Mom, how are my brothers doing?"

"Oh, sweetie, they always ask about you. They miss you. And your dad is beginning to feel bad about what he did, but he doesn't talk about you. He's been depressed recently and acknowledged feeling awful about throwing you out like that. Your grandma, too. They have no idea I've been secretly seeing you."

You sigh. " Mom I just care about you. I want to make sure you're okay, as well as my brothers. I don't want to bring up Dad or Grandma. There was no need to humiliate me in front of the members and kick me out for a stupid reason. I'm happier than I've ever been, and I'm going to take good care of you."

Namjoon nods. "Even though that wasn't the proper way to handle the situation and it was wrong for my brother Hobi to act the way he did, I believe everything happens for a reason." We wouldn't be here if it hadn't happened. I would not have met my other half. The love of my life. But here I am. "Happier than ever."