Chapter - 15 - Phone Call

Namjoon drops the bag on the dresser as he pulls you into a hug. " You want to take a bath instead?" He pecks your lips.

"That sounds wonderful right now." You replied.

"I'll get the bath ready come on." As you're getting ready to head to the bathroom to take a bath with Namjoon your phone began to ring.

"Who could be calling me this late? Hmm, let me check." 

"Go on babe I'm gonna get the bathroom ready." Namjoon heads to the bathroom as you go to grab your phone from the dresser. You look at your phone and notice a call from an unknown number and decide to answer the call.

Y/n: Hello?

Mom: Y/N?! It's me, mom. 

Y/n: *gasp* MOM?! After all these days and after you guys kicked me out now you decide to call me? And whose number is this? 

Mom: Y/n listen to me, please. I have been desperately wanting to call you but your dad has forbidden me to do so. I had to borrow a phone from a neighbor in order to call you. Y/n I'm devastated and heartbroken because I wasn't responsible for kicking you out. I've been asking your dad to find you but he doesn't want anything to do with you anymore. It's not me sweetie it's your dad. I wanted to call the police but he doesn't let me make phone calls. Please. Where are you? I'm worried about you. 

Y/n: Mom I'm in a safe place. I have a new job. I'm doing fine. Don't worry about me. And don't get yourself in trouble with dad. And whatever you do please don't call the police. I'll never forget the embarrassment I went through when grandma kicked me out and insulted me in front of a  stranger mom. For a stupid mistake. 

Mom: I know sweetie. I'm sorry. Please tell me where are you. 

Y/n: I can't tell you, mom. I'm fine. I have a good job and I'm better than ever. Please don't try to look for me. 

Mom: Sweetie at least let me see you, please. I'll make up a lie and we'll meet secretly please y/n.

Y/n: We can't meet mom. At least not now. 

Mom: Oh shit your dad is coming I have to run. Please save this number on your phone. I love you, sweetie. At least I do. 

Y/n: I love you too mom. Don't get yourself in trouble with dad please go. We'll talk later. 

The call ends and you put your phone on the dresser and begin to cry. Namjoon comes out from the bathroom to get you and sees you crying and runs to you with a worried look on his face. 

"Babe, what happened? You're scaring me. Why are you crying? Who called you?" He started into your eyes waiting for your response.

"That was my mom calling me. She's forbidden to use her phone and had to borrow a neighbor's phone to call me. That's why I haven't heard from her all these days. Dad doesn't want her calling me." You said sobbing as Namjoon brushes your hair with the palm of his hand letting you cry on his shoulder.

"I'm so sorry babe. At least your mom has a good heart and you can still count on her as family. But we're your family now. I want you to forget about the past. I'm your future, my love. Don't cry. Come on let's take a bath. I have the bathroom ready." Namjoon takes you by the hand and leads you to the bathroom.

"She wants to see me secretly. I feel bad for her. He has her captive living a miserable life. He's very controlling. And he brainwashed my entire family. Even my grandma who embarrassed me in front of you guys. I'll never forget that." You sobbed wiping your tears as you enter the bathroom.

"Whoa, baby! It's so romantic." You gasp as your eyes widen at the sight. He had aromatic candles lit up and had the tub filled with warm lavender color water as a result of dropping a bath bomb in the tub. There was relaxing slow instrumental music playing on a small speaker he had connected to his phone.