Chapter - 90 - Family Matters

As your mom opens the door, you're instantly struck with a mix of emotions when you see your dad sitting on the couch in the living room. Time seems to stand still as you process the sight before you. Namjoon paused briefly, giving you a moment to have a heartfelt reunion with your dad. You stand by the door, your gaze fixed on your dad, as your mom enters the house. He appears to be in a state of shock, his hand covering his mouth, tears flowing down his cheeks. You take a deep breath and slowly walk inside. Your mom didn't say anything. She sat on a chair in the living room, watching the scene with a sense of calm. As you approach your dad, he drops to his knees, overwhelmed with emotion.

"Dad don't make a fool of yourself. Get up. Please." You said with a shaky voice trying to be strong and wiping your tears.

"Y/n.. my dear y/n.." Your dad whispered as tears streamed down his face, embracing you tightly and sobbing uncontrollably.

Namjoon observes silently, positioned near the entrance, taking in the unfolding scene.

"I'm sorry y/n.. I'm sorry..." Your held onto you tightly and didn't want to let go.

"Dad, stand up please." You reach out and assist him in getting back on his feet. Upon rising, he gazed into your eyes, delicately brushed a strand of your hair away, and tenderly kissed your forehead.

"Oh, Dad..." You hugged him tightly, your hands naturally finding their place on his shoulders as he reciprocated by wrapping his arms around your waist, holding you even closer. Both of you stayed in that position, comforting each other with tears streaming down your faces.

"I'm sorry y/n... Please forgive me. I was blinded by anger..." He spoke softly amidst his tears.

"Shhh... I forgive you, Dad. Please sit. Let's talk." You release the embrace with your dad and approach Namjoon, grasping his hand and leading him inside. "Come here, baby."

As Namjoon walked in, your mom stood up and closed the door. It seems like your dad hasn't even noticed Namjoon yet. He settled back into his seat, attempting to regain composure as he gently wiped away his tears.

"Dad before we continue, I want you to meet my boyfriend."

Your dad inhales deeply and gazes at Namjoon. "I'm so sorry. I didn't notice that there was someone with you sweetheart."

You nod. "It's fine Dad. This is my boyfriend."

"I'm gonna go make some coffee and let your brothers know that you're here. They're playing video games in their room." Your mom excused herself and went to check on your brother's before heading to the kitchen to make coffee.

Namjoon shows his respect by bowing to your dad. "Nice to meet you, sir."

Your dad stands up and extends his hand to Namjoon, greeting him with a friendly handshake. "Welcome, nice to meet you too. Please have a seat."

Your dad settles back onto the sofa, ready to engage in conversation. You take a seat on the couch directly in front of him, next to Namjoon.

Dad: We have so much to talk about.

Y/n: Yes we do, Dad.

Dad: What's your boyfriend's name? Why is he so covered up?

Y/n: He's a celebrity dad.

Your dad's eyes widen and he lets out a surprised gasp. "A celebrity!?"

Namjoon: I'm from South Korea.

Y/n: Before I reveal my boyfriend's identity I want to talk, Dad. First of all, I want to know what was going through your mind that one night when you just kicked me out of the house. What did Grandma tell you?