Chapter Thirty Two ❤️

Start from the beginning

"Lili"

I say. "It's me. It's just me" I assure her but she looks at me, her eyes hardened.

"No, it's not just you. You're not my mother. You're just Rosé. You're everyone's. Not only mine. Not even Ji-Ae's"

"Lili" I breathe out. "I know you're upset that you lost. But I told you so many times, you are more than just a piano prodigy. You're my baby. My Lili. And one stupid failure won't change all that, honey"

"Of course it will" her guarded voice comes out emotionlessly.

"It will not now. Not that fast. But eventually, it will change once you get tired of me being the loser of all time"

"You're not a loser"

I shake my head. The toasts will be ready anytime from now.

"You're always more than what your Halmoni told you"

"You don't understand" she says. "It's ..."

Her word is interrupted as the toasts popped out and she looks at me one more time before grabbing the piping hot bread using her hands and walks away.

"Lili..."

"Just please, I need space"

🙆🙆🙆

Lili's pov

I walk into the school for the first time after the ever humiliating lost I encountered in Seregno. All eyes are on me.

Some of them are whispering, probably trading gossips but a group of my friends welcome me with huge smiles.

"Hey, Lili" one of them says. "You look great. Is that the newest YSL tote bag?"

I nod my head. "It is. I got it yesterday"

"Well, let's go" another one says. "We missed you a lot. I bet the teachers all missed you too"

I smile softly as I hear that. But if course, Chaeyoung has to ruin the moment with her awful voice.

"Oh" she appears with a mismatched buttons of her uniform. And her shoes, don't get me started.

They were originally white, I believe. But they aren't so now. Patches of black and grey and dark brown are coating every possible surface on her poor looking shoes.

I don't think that stuff fit for human's feet anyway.

"If it's not the ever so good, Lilibear" she chastises, a crispy white paper in her hand and an evil smirk pops all over her face. "Well, I heard you lost in Italy"

She starts and I won't give her a chance, not even once to belittle me with her potty mouth that needs nothing but a clorox to clean it.

"I'm actually amazed that you do know another country aside North and South Korea" I look innocently into her eyes as my lips speak.

"But maybe" I lean closer to fix the way her small bow hangs around the loosen collar of her uniform.

"Maybe, you can be more specific about Italy"

I add and she looks flustered for a second before she grabs my hand around her collar and throws it away.

"I give no shit about that" she says. And I smile internally. One point definitely for me.

"But it didn't change the fact that you lost when you were there for that shitty competition"

She slams the hammer against my heart and I can say, this point belongs to her. She knows damn well what to say and where to hit that it will hurt me the most.

"What happened?"

She looks at me and speechless state and I think she likes that. "Cat got your tongue, Lilibear? Oh, and how come you won't that same competition two years before? Was it before Clare Park didn't bribe the judges enough this year?"

"It clearly has nothing to do with that" I hiss. "And please, we don't need to bribe to have what we have, Chaeyoung. You're just envy that I am the more talented twin, the one with a shining, bright future that yours that is already probably ruined because for god's sake, when is the last time you looked into the mirror and noticed what you can and can't do?"

"I am not envy of you" Chaeyoung laughs. "Lilibear, I'm not the one who is without her own mind but you are" she says, pointing her dirty finger at me. "And it will always be you"

"Don't you dare ... -"

"Oh, maybe that's why you are taking that pills?"

She laughs evilly. "Gosh, the perfect Lilibear is a crybaby. She can't stand the pressure so she the pills"

"Shut up"

"Make me"

"Students!"

The teacher calls. "Is everything alright?" she asks but I clench my jaws as I lock my eyes in Chaeyoung. She only smiles as she shakes her head and offers to walk away.

"Nothing. Fuck you"

She curses the teacher, waving her middle finger at her as she walks past by.

"Ms. Park?"

The teacher looks at me. And I nod my head. "Nothing" I lie. "Just nothing"

🙆🙆🙆

A/n: Hello everyone. So here's some clarifications that need to be done. I understand y'all want some Chaelisa moments here and that's what exactly I'm going for.

But you can't have a rainbow without rain and I'm not like any other writers who give you one without giving the pain for you to taste beforehand.

Lisa and Roseanne are both divorced parents, with kids thinking they are competing one another so what I'm trying to say is that, this is what happened in real world.

You can't expect people to get back together, lovey dovey after a difficult divorce and you can't say that divorced children aren't fucked up.

After The Fall is a story reflecting everyone who is in the journey since Before The Fall, finding out how the divorce affects the person and how they turn out to be. 

If you want a story that only gives you sunshine and rainbows, not rain and pain, then maybe this story is not for you. Maybe you should leave.