Chapter Seven❤️

Start from the beginning

"Technically you are! Grades! Lilibear is all about getting this good grades and good looks and good impression but I'm just Chaeyoung! I'm just me, you got that? I can't be someone else that's not me!"

"I'm not asking you to be anyone, Chaeyoung"

Lisa reaches out across the dining table to hold her daughter's hand. "I love you a lot and I just want the best for you. I know you love your Taekwondo thing. But your grades? They also need some improving or I'm gonna send you off to the boarding school we talked about once in Daegu"

"Lol"

The kid snorts. "I'm not going to some kind of army boarding school"

"It's not an army boarding school. It's a good, all girls boarding school. A friend of mine has her daughter studying there and she told me a lot about all the wonderful programs they have there, Chaeng. It's like sports and studies and whatever"

"And whatever"

Lisa grins as she smacks her daughter's hand. "You always love to have that last word, don't you?"

Chaeyoung grins as she leans in to her mom's neck. "I love you and I don't promise I'll get more As like Lilibear in her results but at least, I'll try, okay?"

"Okay" Lisa nods. "That's good enough for me"

"I know. Now, let's eat. The ramen is getting cold"

🌻🌻🌻

"Mommy?"

Lili calls as she steps into their penthouse. Tugging her long hair behind her ear, she shuffles gracefully in a pair of soft pink Versace socks towards the the only room her mommy would be in whenever she's home.

The music room.

"Hey" she wedges her head through the small opening of the wooden door and looks for the sight of her mommy who sits mainly on the floor with her legs crossed and a guitar in her lap as she scribbles something in a notebook resting before her folded legs.

"Mommy"

She calls again and this time the blonde Kpop turns to stare, a pencil in between her thumb and forefinger hangs awkwardly in the air as she was about to write something before she heard someone calling after her and a smile, an automatic smile pops all over her face when she sees her.

Lili, the golden girl of her household.

"Hey, baby. Come here"

"What are you doing?"

Lili asks, snuggling with her mommy for a moment before Roseanne laughs, playing with her eldest daughter's hair. "I was trying to write something since Ji-Ae is sleeping"

"She's sleeping? Isn't it too early?"

"I know right? But it's alright. At least, I can exercise my fingers" Roseanne says, strumming her guitar aimlessly. "Oh, did you know Chaeyoungie had a game today?"

"Yup" Lili nods, playing with her mother's fingers. "Like I saw it on the school's Instagram or whatever. She won that fight"

"Well, I bet she'll never lose" Roseanne chuckles.

"Yeah, my friends said she never loses. I had been to her games at school. She's good"

Roseanne frowns a little. "You went to her game?"

Lili nods her head. "Of course. The school always gives us early take off if Chaeng's in a game so that we can go to the gym and see it. I went to her games a couple of times and she's great"

"Well, I know nothing about Taekwondo"

Roseanne admits. "I think she hates me for that"

"Mommy," Lili sighs. "Chaeyoung hates everything. Even Ji-Ae. I mean, how can anyone hates Ji-Ae? She's like super adorable"

If anything, Roseanne grins sadly. "Well, I think you little sister talks too much. Maybe that's why she gets in Chaeyoungie's nerves"

"Well, that's a bummer. Ji-Ae is at fun age and I really enjoy her talks"

"Then maybe she should love you more" Roseanne kisses her eldest's daughter temple as she hums her for a moment. "Because you love her more than Chaeyoungie could ever will"

🌻🌻🌻

"Congratulations"

Chaeyoung frowns sleepily as she lifts her face from the her desk to see Lili standing there in her perfectly pressed uniform and hair up as a fucking ponytail.

Here comes Mommy's pet.

"For fucking what?"

Chaeyoung's voice comes out as an echo as she hides her face  again in between of her arms, her eyes are lazily shut as she tries to get an extra few minutes if sleeping.

Her mama has dropped her early at school today because of a mass casualty alert that sent her pager beserked  in the wee hours, so it explains while she is still somehow tiredly sleepy.

"For winning the game last Saturday"

Lili ignores the sarcasm in her little sister's word as she rests her thumbs on the shoulder strap of her Gucci schoolbag.

"Oh, just go away"

Chaeyoung says sleepily. "I'm fucking sleepy right now"

"You don't have to be so bitter" Lili says out of blue, as quiet as she can before Chaeyoung lifts her head from her arms and stares at the other Korean with the same face like her.

"I was just congratulating you. And you should be matured enough to reply with a standard thank you"

"Oh, look everyone"

The girl's mock begins although there are only both of the girls inside the class early in the morning. "Now, Lilibear wants to sulk like a baby just because I didn't say thank you for her suddenly compliment of me"

"Chaeyoung"

Lili looks at her. Her eyes trying to read her little sister but to no avail.

"You know well that it's not what I asked from you. It's what a normal human expects from a normal human being"

"Are you going to say I'm not a normal human being?"

"I cannot answer that for you" Lili says, ready to walk away. "It's your job to find out if you really are a normal human being, aside all the bitterness that you have let yourself be drowned with"

The sister walks away but Chaeyoung wouldn't let her have the last word.  Not like this. Not this time.

"You don't know what you're saying. Watch you mouth, Lilibear"

"I think" Lili smiles mockingly at her little sister. "The only one who isn't aware that everyone around her has known how bit of a trouble she is. "Is just you"

"That's not true"

"I can't help it if you can't digest that fact" Lili shakes her head. "All I know is that I've said what I wanted to say"

🌻🌻🌻