Lisa says again, plastering her kiss on top of the Korean's head. "Like super proud of you"

"Thank you" Chaeyoung grins, eyes looking around for the sight of someone Lisa doesn't want to say aloud.

"She's not here"

Lisa breaks the bubble and Chaeyoung stills for a moment before nodding her head. "I'm not looking for her" the teen says but gratefully right now, Lisa can somehow see through her daughter that she's lying.

"Well," she nods her head, hand travels into the back pockets of her jeans. "I know. I'm just saying. She texted me to wish you good luck and asked me to tell you that she loves you a lot"

"Yeah" Chaeyoung deflates as she bites on her lower lip. "Whatever. Anyway, you're buying me dinner tonight" she says and Lisa nods quickly, trying to make sure the moment is not ruined.

"Sure, baby. I'll buy you whatever you want"

🌻🌻🌻

"Last time, Lili had a mini science fair at school and mommy came"

Chaeyoung argues as she finishes her using before pushing her plate towards her mom, wanting another refill.

The Thai nods and gives her another new refill. "Well, maybe she wasn't busy that time? We don't know, baby. Your mommy is so busy. One can never know when she actually sleeps or eats"

"She always always has time for Lili and Ji-Ae" the teen says as she looks at Lisa from her plate. "You think I don't know that?"

"But I'm with you"

Lisa affirms, stretching her hand to wrap around her daughter's palm. "I'm with you, isn't that how things always are?"

"But maybe ..."

"Maybe what?"

"Nothing" Chaeyoung clears her throat. "I don't want to talk about that"

🌻🌻🌻

There's a bouquet of flowers in front of Lisa's unit. It's meant for Chaeyoung, the surgeon says as she reads the small card written there, hidden between the stalks of fresh, red roses.

Dear Chaeyoungie <3
Congratulations on your game. I'm so proud of you. Love you always,
Mommy

"She got you flowers" Lisa tells her teenage daughter, trying to make her feel fine. But Chaeyoung just ignores her and walks straight into her room before banging the door loudly.

"Oh god," the head surgeon sighs as she stares at the bouquet of flowers that is still in her hand. "Here comes the trouble"

She says sarcastically to no one but herself as she walks into her unit and places the flowers on the dining table instead of a vase. She's pretty sure Chaeyoung doesn't want that thing around for so long anyway.

"I think I'll leave it here" she mumbles to herself, her palms to her chest as she speaks but before she can do anything else, a buzz in her pocket reminds her of her smartphone.

Probably a call from the hospital, she makes a mental accusation as she grabs the device with her hand but once the screen is before her two eyes, Roseanne's name is on the caller id.

"Hey"

The Thai greets, one hand traveling to cup her nape. It has been quite a tiring day, cheering for her daughter from the benchers.

But she regrets nothing. She always wants to be there for her. In every game, no matter what.

Simply because the other mom can't find time to do so.

"I'm not gonna talk to you" Roseanne demands snobbishly. "Just going to check if Chaeyoungie already gotten the flowers"

Lisa's eyes immediately fall on the bouquet that rests untouched on the dining table. "Yeah, she has. And it's pretty too"

"They are not for you, Lisa"

Roseanne's snap. Her voice is grumpy as always. "Call her for me"

"Would it kill you if you say can?" Lisa shakes her head as she walks towards her own couch in the unit and sits down, her legs crossing with each other. "Or in any nice, possible ways?"

"NO"

Roseanne's firm answer echoes and Lisa shakes her head. "Well, to give you honest review; she saw the flowers but she always hates them since it reminds her of how you weren't there for her today"

"What the fuck you were saying?"

Roseanne yells through the phone. She sounds really angry for once and Lisa just shakes her head.

"Lisa, I told you to tell her that I can't make it today. Didn't you say that to her?"

"I did but Chaeyoung isn't technically stupid to know who loves her and who doesn't"

"Just because I'm not showing up to her stupid games, doesn't mean that I don't love her"

Roseanne grunts. "Of course I love her. It's always"

"It's not stupid just because you can't understand how it works" Lisa snaps back. "The world isn't always about you, Roseanne"

"And you're making it personal again"

Roseanne accuses. "Lisa, I told you. The Vlive was necessary. My fans were waiting for my new single and I can't ruin that moment by choosing to attend my daughter's random game that she didn't tell me about"

"Well, I told you about it" Lisa defends Chaeyoung simply because her daughter isn't in the conversation to defend herself.

"I told you two weeks before the exact date, to make sure you can exclude yourself from anything that's so major to you in your career so that you can focus being a mom to Chaeyoung for just one single day but of course, you failed that assessment again and again and you still have the nerve to ask me why she' estranged from you"

The line is creepily silent for a moment and Lisa is sure that Roseanne has left the line like that again but then before she ends the conversation, her sensitive ear catches a sound of someone sobbing.

And it couldn't be Chaeyoung because the girl is taking her bath.

The only possible person is Roseanne.

"I'm sorry for being mean"

Lisa offers an apology. "But I'm just ..."

She wants to explain herself too, for all the messed up things she said to the blonde but before she can even repeat her statement, the line goes silent once more and this time, it ends.

🌻🌻🌻

Don't forget to vote. It keeps me going!!!