121. Why The Rush?

Depuis le début

He was delighted to have the chance to get back to school again.

"Good morning, Xiaobai," Du Xiaoxing came out of the room and smiled at Gu Bai.

Gu Bai replied, "Morning."

Wen Yan happened to come out at this time. Since they were in the same class, they went to the classroom together.

When the three of them came to the classroom, there were already some students sitting inside who fixed their gazes on Gu Bai thoughtfully.

Some were full of curiosity, some were friendly, but more were with disdain.

It was now an open secret since last night that Gu Bai entered the school through connections and didn't get the One-Star Chef Certificate. Almost everyone in their department and some in other academies had heard of Gu Bai's story as well.

The reason why so many students had come so early today was that they wanted to see what kind of person Gu Bai was.

"I didn't expect Gu Bai to be so handsome. He's much more handsome than his image in the photo. Who took that photo? His skill sucks." A girl whispered excitedly to her companion.

"Yeah, if I knew he was so handsome, I wouldn't have disgraced him in the forum yesterday. Would it be too late to withdraw my comments now?" Another girl was also excited, looking at Gu Bai with expectation.

Listening to the girls' talks, the boys held more grudge against Gu Bai.

"What's the point of having a pretty face? He's too stupid to pass the One-Star Chef Certificate test. How dare he come and study here? Isn't he afraid that he wouldn't graduate and would even be asked to quit school soon?" a man said angrily.

"Come on, he's here because he has recommendations. There is no way he will be asked to leave. Isn't it easy for him to graduate as long as his family talks to the school leaders?"

"Humph, the Gu family doesn't even exist anymore. Who do you think would do him the favor? Besides, Imperial University is unlike other ordinary universities. Even if he is recommended, he has to earn enough scores to graduate, just like the rest of us. If not, he will have to leave. I can even picture how embarrassed he will be by then."

"I can accept that he is recommended. It's just he didn't even have a One-Star Chef Certificate. How come he didn't even pass the test? Who is he to be our classmate? What are the school leaders thinking?"

The new classmates had a heated conversation, which was loud enough for Gu Bai to hear as if they did it purposely to provoke him.

To their disappointment, Gu Bai didn't even look at them as if they were not talking about him.

Gu Bai always played blind and deaf when he faced people who he didn't care about. After all, what they said wouldn't change anything.

However, it didn't mean his friend could bear it.

"Are you done? What's wrong with the recommendation? At least it proves Xiaobai has a powerful family to get the quota. Aren't you ashamed to be jealous of him?" Mao Dan couldn't bear it anymore because he had heard so many such things this morning.

He was here before Xiaobai came, so he had heard a lot about Gu Bai's story and their judgments.

He was so angry that he really wanted to throw the certificate off their faces.

He had watched how Xiaobai got the highest score that day, but his certificate was withdrawn for some reason.

But he knew that he couldn't tell the truth because it would only bring Gu Bai more judgments and malicious rumors.

However, these people had gone too far by saying it in front of Gu Bai nonstop.

"Did I say anything about you? Why are you so angry? Can't you see that Gu Bai didn't even react?" A fashionable man with red hair said casually. He really needed a lesson.

"Mao Dan, sit down. You can't bite a dog back after the dog bites you, can you?" Gu Bai pulled Mao Dan to sit as he said calmly. He didn't even look at the red-haired man.

"Who are you calling a dog?" The man was immediately furious.

Gu Bai finally stared at the man and lifted his lips. "Did I say anything about you? Why are you so angry? Can't you see that the dog didn't even react?"

Mao Dan couldn't help but laugh out when he heard this.

He admired Gu Bai for his sharp response. He pissed Shen Liangqing off yesterday, and now, he just did the same to the man.

"How dare you! Do you know who I am?" The man wide-opened his eyes, wishing he could tear Gu Bai apart with his eyes.

"I'm not interested in who you are." Gu Bai turned around and ignored the man.

He came here to study, not to get into trouble. He could be polite and nice as long as people respected him. If not, he wouldn't mind teaching them a lesson!

A weak voice that only Gu Bai could hear suddenly sounded. Gu Bai was no longer angry but was in a good mood.

"Calm down. He's not worth my attention." Gu Bai rubbed the bracelet on his wrist and comforted Mu Mu, who was trembling in a rage.

He didn't want to expose Mu Mu until he had to.

Although Butler Gu thought Mu Mu was his companion animal, Gu Bai didn't know much about companion animals, and he didn't get much information about it on Starnet.

It was mainly because very few people in this world had companion animals.

To avoid unnecessary troubles, he could only hide Mu Mu first.

"That was too much. If he were in our previous world, I would have already cracked him into two parts!"

Mu Mu told Gu Bai with rage.

That was true. Mu Mu never let go of anyone who offended them and held grudge against them in their previous life. He knew that his enemy would go after him and even kill him instead someday if he showed mercy to his enemy.

But where they were now was a different world. Once Gu Bai graduated and finished his history with the Shen family to avenge Shen Bai, he would live the life he wanted.

Before that, he had learned more about this world and the rules here so that he could get to know his opponents better and live better.