{Attached To The Mercenary}

Dream's POV~

I smiled at the work of the prison, finally was this done for the next part of the plan, little staged up but enough to get it to the next phase.

~

As I left, I saw Punz down the hall, slumped against the wall and seemed to be asleep.
I sighed,"Nightshifts. . .", I then reached for my sword and pulled it out,"Sorry Punz, just doing business.", so I got my sword and brought it down on him!
. . .
My arm went stiff.
The sword was just-just at his neck, I could slit his throat right here and now, take one of his Canon lives and later blame Tommy but, I couldn't do it. . .
I couldn't bring myself to kill him.
I lowered the sword from his throat and backed up before I rushed to the Warden Office.

~

As soon as I got in, I ripped my mask off and threw it the ground hoping it would break.
I sunk to the floor in defeat,"Couldn't fucking kill him. . . Why couldn't I kill him. . .?!", I rubbed my eyes as I felt pathetic tears swell up, I fucking knew it. . .
I shouldn't have gotten attached, I should have gotten everyone I ever cared about off my side but now. . .
. . .
I took deep breaths,"It's fine, it's fine. . . I'll think of something. . .", and I better think of something fast.

=

"Punz, I think you should. . . Not be on my side."

. . .

"What?"

=

"STAND STILL DREAM!", "QUICKLY, TIE HIM UP!", "CUFF HIM!", "OW, HE BIT ME!", "PUNZ, DON'T JUST STAND THERE AND HELP US!", Punz stood still, feeling remorse watching as his 'friends' attempted to tie and chain Dream up like he was some animal.
"Fine. . . I'm coming. . ."
No one noticed how the lava light shone down on his face, seeing tears well up, but Punz quickly wiped them away before he walked over to them.

=

"PUNZ!"
"DREAM!"
Punz ran to Dream, who pulled him into a tight hug despite the injuries displayed all over his body,"My God, I missed you so much buddy!", Punz smiled, he missed him too. . .

~

Punz let Dream into his house,"So, you've been here?", "Yep. Mostly trying to stay away from most people after you were locked up.", Dream nods, he looked at Punz and felt worry wash over to see his eyes red and some red scars on his face.
"What happened to your eyes and well, your face in general.", "Jeez, thanks for calling me ugly. But, this is a result of the stupid Egg thing, it did this to me and I have no idea how to reverse it.", Punz sat on his bed and pulled out his sword, Dream was silent as he thought about how much has changed since he was locked up so that must mean this Egg thing had gotten worse.
". . . I'll be right back, Punz."

~

Karl rubbed his eyes, unsure if this was Dream or Cornelius,"Karl, please, I know you've been working on a cure because Bad mentioned it during one of his last visits.", Karl sighed and held his head,"You aren't going to leave till I give it, are you?", "Nope. (: ", Karl sighed, he went into another room and came back with a yellow vial,"This is a experimental, write me a letter to let me know if it works, got it?","Yes, Sir.", with that Dream ran off, leaving Karl to sit back on the sofa and unpause the show he was watching.

~

"Back so soon?", Dream nods as he entered Punz's house again, hiding the potion behind his back,"It was a quick trip, had to get something.", as Punz kept his back turned, Dream quickly slipped some of the potion in his drink and held it out to Punz,"Drink?", "I poured that, but thanks.", he took it and drank it in one go.

~

Punz waved goodbye to Dream as he run off again, Dream planned to get revenge on Quackity for the year of pain and torture as well as those that mocked him, they really thought because he was behind bars they could mock him but with him out they were now going to regret it.
At least Punz was alright, that's what was running through his head as he went to Exile to plan his next step.