{Father Figure}

Robin's POV~

"I'm sorry kid..."

I watched as they covered my Dad's body with a sheet... I just... Knelt there... I felt hot tears stream down my face. . .
"Come on, kid... You'll be in the Orphanage with Mrs Jones for a good while.", that made my head snap up at the strict woman, her smile was thin, she looked so old that she looked like a sucked up lemon. But this woman was fierce, her anger was easily broken out by the smallest things. . .
So, in an instinct. . .

I ran.

"Hey, kid!"
"Child, come back here this instant!!"

I ran as they were behind me, but I new I was faster, I had to lose them! I started taking random turns or jumping or sliding under tree branches or logs.
I could hear the crack of the wipe, I felt my vision cloud with tears as I continued to run as fast as I could,"Come here child! We will take great care of you!", I felt my breath shorten more as I turned to run after, ignoring the argues to duck down and hide, I know they would find me! I just... Need... To... Keep... Running!!!

I suddenly ran into something,"Woah!", or someone? I looked up but tears were preventing me to see them, I just hugged them for dear life,"Hey, mate you alright?","Excuse me.", I looked behind me in fear,"That child is mine. Robin, you are coming with us.", suddenly the stranger spoke up,"Why would he want to go with someone that he's obviously scared of??", the man shrugged,"H-He doesn't have a-a choice, Sir...!", the strangers voice was somewhat intimidating, even Mrs Jones looked slightly intimidated, the stranger placed to hands on my shoulders,"If he is scared of you, what makes you think I'll let you take him??", "Sir, you have to understand, he is an Orphan and needs to be in the Orphanage, under my care--","Out of the fucking question.", my vision cleared up from the tears and I could now see the man's face, he was glaring at them,"Don't think I know the rumours about that awful place, no child should grow up there.","Sir--","Let me finish.", they both flinched and backed up more,"I will take this child in with me in my hometown. And if you got a problem with that, I have an axe with me that could be used for more than chopping down trees.", with that, the man and Mrs Jones ran. . .

He rolled his eyes and then he knelt down to me,"Hey, mate... You alright?", I smiled and hugged him,"Thank you, mister!", he hugged back. . .

He picked me up and put me on his shoulders,"I'll take you to my home.", I nod and we walk into the woods. . . I looked down at the man as best as I could,"What's your name???", he smiled,"My name is Corpse. What about you?", "My name is Robin!!", he chuckled,"Well, Robin, I'm sure you'll love my small town.", I smiled as we came to a gravelled path. . .