{You Won't Touch Him}

~Story Takes Place BEFORE Sam met Ponk or Puffy.~

Sam's POV~

"Sam?", I look up from the dishes to see my boss came in, Daniel Leather,"Yes, Sir?", he walked over,"I need to go run a few errands, minding watching the store for an hour or two?", I was a little nervous about it, I never really left the apartment due to people finding me. . . Unusual because of my green hair, eyes, skin and freckles. I mean, my hair was green, my eyes were very bright green, my freckles were green and some parts of my skin were green!
But, I hated letting my boss down, so I nod,"Sure, not a problem.", he smiled,"Thanks, kiddo. Means a lot, I know you aren't comfortable around many people but it's usually not busy on days like these.", I nod and dry my hands off before heading downstairs to the store.

~

My boss wished me goodbye as he left me in charge.
I was kind of glad no one came in often on these days, it lets me ay with the animals a little and give them food and so, I wasn't too worried.

. . .

Until I heard the door slam open, I turn in fear of the door being shattered but I saw a girl and boy walk in looking mad, they seemed to be twins and they were holding a box,"DANEIL!!! WHERE ARE YOU?!?", I flinched to the girl's yelling, I stood up and walked over,"Who are you.", "S-Sorry, Daniel isn't here. . . At the moment. I'm in charge till he gets back. . .", the boy rolled his eyes,"Whatever. Our dog gave birth to two dogs, instead of one. So, we're dropping off this one with you.", she dropped the box on the counter carelessly, I opened the box and a small puppy poked their head out of the box.

", she dropped the box on the counter carelessly, I opened the box and a small puppy poked their head out of the box

I didn't think anyone would want to get rid of a puppy, I look up and just nod, as I checked what they had to pay.

"Yo. What the hell is wrong with your face.", I gulp as I handed them the money,"Um. . .", "Omg! Your freckles are freaking green, no wonder we don't see you around here it's because your a freak!", I tired to ignore them but they kept laughing and got me in a corner and started to kick and pull my hair, I wanted Daniel to come back, I didn't want to hurt anyone!
The store around me slowly disappeared around me, trapping me in darkness and voices all around me, I tired cover my ears but two hands grabbed them and made sure I'd hear all the thoughts and insults. . .

"SAM!!"

Suddenly I was back in the store, I look up and saw Daniel had returned and the twins were being held back by a Man in a suit,"I deeply apologise for this, Mr Leather.", Daniel pulled me into a hug and I hid my face in his chest, I could sense him turning his head towards them,"You can yell at me all you want, flaunt your money and treat me like dirt, BUT you will not, NEVER, touch MY son.", I was taken back by that response, son?? Did he. . . See me as a son?

~

After the twins were taken away by their dad, Daniel turned to me,"Kiddo, you are always like a son to me. . . A son I never had. Sam, I am proud to have you as a son, a son I dreamed of having and never got.", I was touched by the words, even if I looked different, he treated me like a human.
He held me close as we sat down on the sofa, it was a long day and we both knew it.
I just know need to think of what to do with the new puppy.