•••Sam Character Theory•••

**Theory On Our Favourite Creeper Boi!**

~~~

So, we all know that Sam is The Prison Warden and is the only one actually working there.
I wanna go into a more deeper dive into his side of the story then just saying he's evil for letting Ghostbur die.

~

So, let's start off with the Sam we knew before he became more obsessed with The Prison.
We know that at first Sam worked to protect Tommy and Tubbo, he created Sam Nook to help Tommy became Tommy loves Animal Crossing and was helping him build the Hotel.

Also, Sam had also been trapped in a closed spaced with The Egg slowly trying to infect him, he had to eat his fricken flesh to survive, now keep in mind that because of open wounds this could have done something to his brain without him knowing even if he was drenched in Holy Water.

And, also keep in mind what could happen to someone mental health if they stay in the same place for so long.
So, imagine Sam's state of mind after The Egg probably slightly infecting him and being a Warden in a Prison for so long and your key cards get stolen.

~

Now; After Tommy goes to visit Dream and dies because he wouldn't stop annoying Dream for a week and then proceed to kill his cat and got himself beaten, this sent Sam out of whack as he blames himself for following the protocol.

Now, before any says it was it was Sam's fault, if Sam tried break the protocol it would risk Dream getting out and why he just couldn't risk Dream getting out of prison.
Sam is grieving, not knowing he was revived. Quackity came to him and slowly and steadily tries to convince him to beat or kill Dream for what happened to Tommy, now people call Sam heartless but if he was then he would have done it when Quackity brought it up but he backed out last minute showing that he does have humanity in him.

When Tommy is Brought back, he blamed Sam of course but Sam didn't even know he was revived and just wanted to get Tokmy out of there and Tommy didn't want to go back again.

Quackity returns again, and this time he manages to convince Sam to let him do this and made a deal with him, and with Sam pretty much stuck in Prison in his own mind, he agreed but couldn't do it himself and just let's Quackity do it while he probably blocks out the screaming.

And then. . . Ghostbur's death, a lot of people blame Sam for it the most but it was Tommy who wanted to bring him in and kill Dream and it lead it to Wilbur being brought back to life.
Sam obviously couldn't send the Birdge over because he was afraid of what Dream could do and so all he could do was watch and yell at Tommy.
After his death, Sam is obviously furious that Tommy broke in and he has every right to be as he wants nothing near Dream that could lead to him getting out.

Can you imagine Sam's state of mind after everything? Tommy's death, the Egg, cutting Ponk's arm off and letting Quackity in.
This shows that Sam is breaking slowly and maybe one day he will snap completely and what will happen?

I see Sam as a man that is consumed by work and orders that he must stick to.