A date?

"You want us to go on a what?" I sputter slightly, trying to make sense of what Liam just said. He texted me a few minutes ago asking if I could talk for a minute. He said he wanted to discuss weekend plans. I assumed he meant to discuss which days I would be working or the hours, but then he pops right up with something completely unexpected.

"Yeah, a date." he continues as if nothing is odd about it. "I thought it'd be fun for us to go somewhere nice with the girls and-" I hear him cover the speaker to say something to in surprise to someone with him and then laugh out loud "-oh oh!!! Sorry, sorry I meant like a play date!" 

"Ahhh, a play date. Now I understand." I laugh awkwardly. 

"I swear, I'm not drunk," he pauses for a minute "well, not very drunk anyway." I feel a jealous prick surface within me. Is he in bed with Sophia? Drinking after a long work day and then...unwinding even further? I shake it off and focus back on Liam's voice coming through the phone. It's deep...and happy. Very happy. "So, I had this brilliant idea for the three of us and the girls to go up to this place I'd seen somewhere- where did I see it Soph?"

"Oh don't worry where you saw it, what sort of place are we talking about?" I ask, wanting to get this rather awkward phone conversation over with.

"it's like a zoo thing." he continues cheerfully. "Like a petting zoo and there's a hiking path and then there are statues and a park and you can pet the animals and you can see the animals and-" he trails off and covers the speaker again so that all I can hear is muffled mumbling. "Soph says to tell you it's a kid friendly, well-rated, petting zoo with a restaurant and lots of activities."

"That sounds fun!" I hesitate and jump on ahead with my spur of the moment thought. "But are you sure you want this to be  a play date? You two don't want to go with Theresa and have some family bonding?"

"No, no, we want you and Cailyn to come with us and have a good time! Tess will love having the both of you there and then me and Soph and you can chill out and talk about silly things, not work. It'll be great for everyone!!" he giggles, literally giggling and then there is a silence.

"Isabella?" Sophia's voice asks, breaking the quiet just as I was about to speak up to see if there was still anyone there.

"Ah, yes. I'm still here." I feel a slight panic, imagining that she's walked in and found Liam giggling on the phone with me, drunk and talking about dates. But then I remember that he's been talking to her the whole time too. Honestly, when did I get so stupid and jumpy. We're not doing anything wrong, he's just asking my daughter and I out on a play date with his wife and daughter. I blame my mother.

"Liam is pretty drunk. I'm sorry, I should have convinced him to just call you tomorrow or tell you tomorrow, he just got so excited." she laughs it off elegantly. Like everything else she does, dammit. "Will Saturday at around 10 o'clock work for you? We thought we could meet at the park, I'll send you the information."

"That should work fine, thanks for summing it up so well." I laugh. "I'll let you go, but thank you- er again- for the invitation. I'm sure everyone will have a great time."

"It's all right. Ah yes, Liam's quite proud of himself for coming up with it. We'll see you then Isabella, goodbye." I hear Liam call out a goodbye too before Sophia hangs up.

"Goodbye..." I say to a phone and the rest of the living room.

So there's the update. Finally getting back on track. But enough about me.

HOW IS YOUR DAY?

DO SOMETHING THAT MAKES YOU HAPPY

IF THAT'S VOTING THEN DO IT HARD ;)