It seems like fate

The girls seem to get bored of their coloring a few minutes later and Cailyn drags Theresa back into our bedroom, to get another toy or activity I assume. If she needs help getting something down, she'll ask. I take the opportunity to bring up something I've been wanting to ask Liam.

"Does Theresa talk yet? I don't think I've heard her say anything, yet Cailyn did say that Theresa told her that she was lost. I cross my legs and lean back into the chair and watch as Liam stiffens a little. 

“She does talk at home. But not as much as we would like. No one knows why she's so quiet." he pauses but I don't interrupt. "She's always been quiet, she hardly ever cried as a child. We thought she would talk more as she got older but so far she hasn't. Everyone that we've talked to doesn't think that there is any reason to be concerned. Just that she's a bit shy.” he glances up now, a shiver runs down my spine as his eyes connect with mine. I glance away and nod reassuringly. 

“Yes, I'm sure that's all it is. My neighbor's stepson was like that. And even my sister, to a degree. I'm sure Theresa will be talking your ear off before you know it."

"I'll have to get her to reattach them, I like them connected you know?" he grins and leans his head back over the back of the couch to catch a glimpse of the girls.

"I just hope we're doing alright with her..." he says, quieter.

"I think you are. She's a very sweet girl and you and Sophia have done an especially good job keeping her out of the public eye. There are hardly any pictures of her!”

“Yes, that was a struggle. Partly because she was such a cute baby that everyone wanted to take pictures and share them, myself included, but we've kept the picture taking very limited so that there are only a few pictures that have gone up on the internet.”

“Considering how many pictures of Cailyn that I take daily, that is truly miraculous.”

“I can only imagine, she's adorable!” He laughs. “So, what's your profession?

"Well, I don't have one at the moment. My last job was one where I could do most of the work here, with Cailyn. It was great and at this is really all that I can do, so I've been trying to find another one that would allow me to work from home for the most part." he nods as I talk, smiling happily...even smugly? 

"Any specific talents?" he asks. The girls are laughing in the room now, hopefully not playing with anything they shouldn't be.

"I can dance pretty well, english and writing were my strong suits in high school, went to a small college near my hometown but didn't major in anything amazing. I like kids and animals. Um..." I wrinkle my nose and frown. "Nope that's about it."

"And what about your interest in pop culture? I mean, you obviously know a lot about me...”

“Wha-well I wouldn't say a lot?” I ask a bit defensively. I was and am a proud Directioner, but at the same time I don't want him to think that I am- was- obsessed. That's when you start stealing pants and hiding in bins.

“Your bedroom door was open a bit.” He motions down the hall where my door has swung open a traitorously reveals my posters. I only have three, but two of them are quite large. I wince and shrug awkwardly. 

"Well you know..." I break off weakly, definitely embarrassed now.

He leans forward, resting his folded hands on his knees. “I've actually had some ulterior motives coming over. I mean yeah I wanted to bring your phone back and I most certainly didn't tell Theresa to steal it, but when I found out she had it I was...” he struggles to find the word he's looking for but gives up. "I thought that it was fate. Fate that we would see you again, and then when we got here the girls are already better friends than Theresa is with Zayn's kids." he motions down towards the bedroom where the girls are still giggling.

"I'll admit it all seems oddly perfect." I agree with him. So Liam thinks this extraordinary too huh? But what could he possible want from us? From me? For me to be amazed at getting to meet and talk to my teen idol is one thing, but I'm just a normal fan to him...

“Well, we've just learned that Theresa's current nanny is leaving us. Me and Soph are both quite busy, even if we aren't doing as much as we used to. Cailyn is getting along wonderfully with her already and Theresa already seems pretty adjusted to you as well. So I was wondering....would you consider being Theresa's nanny?”

Dedicated to Wattpadlover4life for the votes, tysm <3