Tense day

My day has gone GREAT. Note the sarcasm there. Not only am I incredibly tired from my lack of sleep last night, mainly from tossing and turning and not being able to calm down enough to relax, but the girls are completely rested and have decided to push me to my limits today. First, they both refused to eat breakfast. I managed to coax them into eating some cereal and saved the majority of what I cooked or fruit I'd peeled and cut for tomorrow, but it set the tone for the day and since then every little thing that they do manages to get on my nerves. 

Now normally they're both pretty quiet. And normally I can put up with a bit of screaming or high pitched voices, but today my head is pounding and the medicine I took seems to be taking it's sweet time to kick in.  And until it does I've corralled the two girls (you may laugh but they are quite hard to control when they actually try to get away) and made them sit down and watch a movie with the threat of their dessert after lunch being taken away if they don't obey. Then I crashed on my bed the next room over and tried to get some rest. 

You would think that the might take pity or notice how tired I was. But nooooo, they watched the majority of the movie but by the end decided that they were through with watching it or that they would risk their desserts being taken away. Because they decided it would be great fun to take some of their toys (plastic thank goodness) and play with them in the bathroom sink which they filled up with water to create a pool for them to play in. The counters were flooded and there were puddles on the floor, the girls' clothing was soaked and I think some of the fake hair or someone's plastic shoe has slipped down the drain because that sink is draining very slowly at the moment. After making them change and help clean up the mess, which really wasn't much help at all, we sat down to a quickly made lunch which we ate in silence. Then I had a lovely, monthly visitor stop by just as I was clearing them table. Ever since I gave birth to Cailyn they've become far less painful and annoying to deal with, but at this point in my day it just left me growling at the girls and rubbing my aching head. 

Needless to say, I was very happy a few hours later when naptime arrived. Despite my headache (which the medicine had only dulled slightly) and my curiosity and worry for Liam that had built throughout the day, I fell asleep on the couch with no trouble at all.