Just forget about it...

I collapse onto the couch and try to take in what happened at the grocery store. Despite going to several concerts and even stalking them when they came to my home town, that was the closest I've ever been to One Direction. Or one fifth of it, and not to mention my favorite member. And I even held his daughter! I shake my head and pull my hair up into a pony tail, telling myself to forget about it. It was an amazing, once in a lifetime thing. Impossible and unexpected. But it will most definitely not happen again. 

Plus you've got more pressing things to think about, I remind myself. This is no time to be drawn back into fanciful crushes. 

"Mommy! I want to color!" Cailyn runs over to the couch holding a fistful of crayons and wearing a cheerful smile.

"Sure mija, let me get you one of your coloring books. Which one do you want?" I ask, walking over to the bookshelf that stands beside our singular window.

"Um....um...."

"How about you choose between these two," I offer, showing her a my little pony coloring book and a barbie one "and then once I finish putting away the groceries I'll come and color in the other one."

"Yes!!! Gracias!" she holds out her arms for me to give her the books. I shake my head at her and place them on the floor. 

"Be careful of the carpet mija, I'll be right back." I quickly put away the few bags of groceries we got at the store, looking down at the cheerios maybe a little longer than I should have, and then return to Cailyn.

'What have you done so far?"

"I made princess sparkle pretty, see," she begins to explain what she's done and I idly begin to fill in part of Barbie's ball gown.

"It looks beautiful. I really like how you've done her wings, mija."

"Thank youuuuu!" she sings, drawing out the word. She grins and picks up another color to start on a different character. After about 5 more minutes over coloring she lays down on her stomach and pouts at me.

"I'm hungry. And I don't wanna color more."

"That's fine, why don't you go find Toby and a blanket and come lay on the couch while mommy reads or works? You can have a snack and then try to nap some."

"But Toby is hiding."

"Well if Toby is too busy hiding to nap with you then you'll have to let him hide I guess."

"Maybe Toby is done hiding..." she says as she starts walking towards the bedroom.

"That's what I thought," I smirk. I check our fruit out on the counter and opt for cutting up an apple and banana and smearing some peanut butter onto them. I steal a couple for myself and unplug my laptop from its charger and bring everything over to the couch. 

"Mija, did you find Toby? Your snack is ready." I call out to Cailyn. I put the plate with her snack onto the small coffee table we have and then remember to grab a few napkins for her soon to be sticky hands.

"Mija?" I call again, this time walking towards the bedroom. There I find her curled up on my bed, her's is a small trundle on the floor, she hardly uses it though. She's lying just under the blankets with Toby clutched close to her face and she's fast asleep. I smile at her and switch off the light. I reach for my phone to take a picture and realize it's missing. 

"Crap, where did I put it?" I whispers, patting my jeans and bra and glancing around the room. I had it when we left for the store earlier. Maybe I put it in the kitchen. I close the door part way and walk back out to check among the plastic bags and on the counters. It's not there. I frown and glance around the sparse living room, checking in between the couch cushions, but finding nothing.

I'm about to go outside and check to see if I put it in the car when the land-line phone rings. I wince at how loud it is and hurry to pick it up.

"Hello?"

"Hi, may I speak to Isabella?" a male voice responds.

"Yes, this is she, who is this?" I ask, a little distracted and still glancing around the apartment.

"We, met earlier, this is Liam. Liam Payne? I believe I have your mobile phone..."

Day 2 YOOO ;) Lemme know what you thought pls. Picture on the side of Liam on a phone because FETUS.