Stay with me

"Love them more than you?" I catch myself before I snort. She's really, seriously upset right now. "How could you ever think that mi hija? You know that Uncle Louis loves the two of you so so much. Whatever little baby he has for his own he will love too, but there are..." I struggle to find the words. Cailyn rubs the tears from her eyes and watches me, hopefully. "You see when you love somebody there are different ways to love somebody. You love me, right?" she nods. "But you love Tessie a lot too don't you?"

"Well yeah." she frowns at me. "This isn't making sense mommy."

"Well let me finish explaining, you see you love both Tessie and I a lot. Could you say that you love me more than Tessie? Or that you love Tessie more than me?" I spread my hands out, holding one higher than the other and then switching the heights to demonstrate what I mean.

Cailyn thinks this over, tapping her bottom lip thoughtfully. "I guess not. I love you both lots. I can't really choose which one more."

"And that is exactly how Uncle Lou feels. He's going to love his new son or daughter so so much. That doesn't mean he isn't going to still love you and Tessie though. He'll love both of you in different ways, ways you can't explain. You just have to know that in the end he's loving equally."

"Won't he run out of love mommy?" Cailyn wonders. "Like how you run out of time or patience?"

"No!" I shake my head and smile at her. I pull her in for a hug and squeeze her reassuringly. "That's what's so great about love. You can never run out of love for someone. It just keeps coming and coming. Like a sink that's never turned off." I tickle her side.

"Stop," she whines, pushing my hand away. "that tickles." she squeals and a giggle escapes her despite how hard she's trying not to smile.

"That's kind of the point, silly. It's supposed to tickle!" I pull away and ask, "But do you feel better about it now? You're not sad or upset?" Like me, Cailyn sometimes will hide her emotions. Anger and happiness, she'll show those full force. With some of her other emotions it's hard to tell. Like how hurt she really is or how sad or how scared. I'm trying to keep her from hiding them from me, if I hadn't had my mom to run to and bare everything, I don't know where I would be right now.

"Yeah, I feel better mommy. Better than you, anyway." she laughs. I open my mouth to ask her what she means but then I hear the doorbell ring. I freeze and then it hits me. That's Louis...and the house is still only partially decorated and the food is still in the refrigerator, the drinks haven't been made... I wince and hurry to open the door. Cailyn is still rolling around on the couch laughing at my predicament.

I open the door and sure enough, there's Louis. He's shaved and looks much more refreshed, but I can't be as happy as I would have been. Why? "You're early." I say through clenched teeth. "You weren't supposed to be here for another hour!"

"What would the fun in that be?" Louis smirks. "I want to spend as much time with you girls before I leave. Besides, I wouldn't have missed out on one of your fun freakouts for anything!" he pushes past me into the apartment to greet Cailyn. Hearing him arrive, Tessie comes running out of their room to jump into his open arms and place a kiss on his cheek. I'm stood at the door, blinking with my mouth open. I slowly turn around and shut the door behind me.

"What do you mean a 'fun freakout'?" I call out to him, stalking into the living room. "What's fun about freaking out?" I give him a stink eye and cross my arms.

"Oh you know, Izz, it's one of your freakouts that isn't serious. Like a serious one would you have a panic attack or something. A fun freakout is when it's over something little and you really don't care that much."

"Excuse me, but I do care about you getting here early! Do you know how many things I still have to fix up? Do you get a laugh out of seeing me off-guard and unprepared? Is this what this is about?" I laugh despite my words. He might be infuriating but he's also amazing. I can't stay mad at him. "You nutter," I mutter under my breath as he's laughing still. I exit the room to start working on our lunch. A few minutes later he comes in, still grinning ear to ear, and begins helping me.

"I'm going to miss you," I sigh. "what will we do for laughs when you're gone?"

"Why are you talking like that?" he protests, looking at me with a surprised, wide-eyed look. "You surely realize I'm going to be skyping you lot at least once a week, right?" he shakes his head at me in slight disbelief. "You didn't think you could get rid of me that easy? Internet is useful for many things innit?"

"Sorry," I straighten my hair and smile back at him. "Cailyn was being sad and crying a little earlier. She thought you were going to love your new family more than her and Tessie. I guess she started rubbing off on me." I rub my nose and turn back to the cucumber I was chopping for our salad, ready to drop the matter. Peeled cucumber of course. I don't care how healthy the skin is, it can be hard as heck and who wants that with their refreshing cucumber?!

Louis puts his hand out, on top of my hand holding the knife. "Really, I'm not going anywhere but overseas and several hours by plane away. That doesn't mean I'm not going to still be in touch with you all."

"Thanks," I place my other hand on top of his. "you've helped us so much. And we, you know, have gotten a little attached I suppose."

"I don't blame you," he quirks the side of his mouth up into a smirk "I've had that happen quite often."

"It's because you're a god or something. Always were to the fans." I side eye him and grin at his swagger fading a little.

"I'm no god," he protests "just a great football player really, aren't I?"

"You wish!" I pull my hand away from his and smack his arm. He edges away, out of my range laughing.

"In all seriousness, Isabella, I will visit." He clears his throat. "Now, please let me add you in killing Larry the cucumber." I can't help but laugh at that and before I know it I'm being pushed to the side as I can't even manage to hold the knife upright after that comment.

Larry the cucumber aka the cucumber from veggie tales...because I'm cool like that. But yeah. This is kind of a mix of I'm not sure where to go with this scene and funny and sorta sad stuff. Really, I could have made it sadder as my best friend's brother is leaving the country for likes 6 months tomorrow...but I figured that wasn't a good idea. So yeah :P Vote if you liked it or whatever you wanna

Btw if there are any Caitlyn's or Jessie's know that it's wrong and that it's supposed to be Cailyn and Tessie and the autocorrect was being annoying